OmniVision is making camera phones even smaller -- again. This time the mobile camera sensor maker is promising an quarter-inch, 8-megapixel OV8850 CMOS sensor that the company says is "20 percent" slimmer than any competing 8-megapixel module.
Japan's Ricoh plans to acquire Pentax as part of a push to get into the digital single-lens reflex camera market, it said Friday.
Nokia has shown its first Windows Phone to the world, perhaps by accident.
With a new kind of camera, Lytro wants to remove the headaches of focus from digital photography.
The latest iteration of the Leica M9 digital rangefinder camera has been announced: the Leica M9-P adds a smash- and scratch-proof sapphire LCD screen cover and an easier-to-grip leatherette finish. What's missing is more important, though -- Leica h...
On Wednesday Hasselblad announced its newest medium-format digital SLR camera, the 200-megapixel H4D-200MS. The professional-grade camera costs around $45,000 (32,000 Euros), which comes out to about $225 per megapixel.
More than any device in recent memory, the Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2 is a showpiece for the benefits and drawbacks of a touchscreen interface. Although the camera's touchscreen UI introduces a few groundbreaking features to the compact interchangeable-...
One administrative law judge of the U.S. International Trade Commission has ruled that Kodak did not infringe Apple patents in its cameras, possibly setting the stage for dismissal of a complaint by Apple.
Cisco's recent announcement that it was closing its Flip mini-camcorder business got us thinking. It's pretty clear that today's smartphones, with their excellent HD video cameras, are partly to blame for the Flip's demise. But how many other consume...
A picture may be worth a 1000 words, but for Eastman Kodak the preview of a picture might be worth $1 billion in a patent battle against Apple and Research in Motion. The U.S. International Trade Commission on Friday agreed to review a claim that App...
Canon has just announced pricing for its upcoming range of digital cameras, which will become available through March from Canon dealers around Australia.
onOne Software's DSLR Camera Remote now offers iPad support. The app lets you use your Apple tablet to control your digital SLR camera.
Panasonic today announced the latest additions to its series of popular travel zoom cameras: the LUMIX DMC-TZ20 and the LUMIX DMC-TZ18. These are the sixth generation of Travel Zoom cameras, which are both perfect for travellers who want a versatile ...
In April, Olympus will release its VR-330 compact camera, which will pack a massive 12.5x zoom and a 14-megapixel sensor. The new camera will be made of metal and be small enough to fit in your pocket.
Canon has just launched the EOS 1100D: an entry-level digital SLR camera that Canon claims is as easy to use as a point-and-shoot camera. This ease of use will stem from new Basic feature, which will allow users to adjust settings based on easy-to-un...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- ASUS launches world’s first liquid-cooled gaming laptop
- JB Hi-Fi reaches $2bn revenue mark for 2016 half-year results
- Optus moves into wearables space with Cash by Optus
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go', are all our jobs next?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - SCOM/SCCM/PowerShellVIC
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- CCSAP HR Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCIT Service Deliver & Improvement ManagerACT
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - SecurityNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- FTTechnical Support EngineerNSW
- CCSAP Primavera Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTIT Technical LeadVIC
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- CCOracle Project OfficerSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java, Oracle ADF) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- CCMultiple Java rolesACT
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- CCOracle Business Analyst / TrainerSA
- CCProject SchedulerNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- FTIT Support AnalystNSW
- CCDesktop Support Engineer/Service Desk AnalystNSW
- FTInsight / Customer - Data ScientistNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer 160120/AP/vvtAsia
- CCMid to Senior Level User Experience SpecialistsNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/AP/541Asia