Canon's EOS 550D is an 18-megapixel entry-level digital SLR camera that's perfect for all types of photography. We put it through its paces in all sorts of lighting situations in order to see how it performs. All of the photos are straight out of the...
These cameras have innovative extras that may win you over as soon as you try them.
No-cost utilities and services can help you find, organize, and wrangle your media files--or enjoy some great video online.
Best deals of the week: 26 February
These nine cameras impressed us with their unique features (including unusual designs, wireless connectivity, and resilience against the elements) and their worthy touchscreens.
Sharing photos with friends, posting images and video to the Web, and geotagging have never been this easy. Better yet, these features are available on some truly high-powered megazooms and point-and-shoot cameras.
With these free image editors, photo managers, and other utilities, you can take control of your photo collection.
Manufacturers are outdoing themselves in the quest to build a nearly indestructible camera--and the prices are reasonable, too. They're promising that you can freeze, drop, or submerge these models, without a worry.
Happy New Year! Given my geeky nature, it should come as no surprise that I've been anticipating the arrival of 2010 as The Year We Make Contact. While I don't expect to meet any aliens this year, I did make a few resolutions to improve my photograph...
You can tell a lot about the future by studying the not-too-distant past. The megapixel war is officially over, as 8 to 10 megapixels has become the default resolution for even the lowest-end pocket cameras. Instead of racing to add resolution, camer...
We may not have the Black Friday specials seen in the US, but we've rounded up some great bargains including budget GPS devices from TomTom and a great deal on the Nokia Navigator smart phone. Plus we unearth savings on HP's quality inkjet multifunct...
In a lot of ways, megapixels aren't that important. You'll never be able to detect the difference between an 8-megapixel and a 12-megapixel photo when looking at the picture on a computer screen, for example, because your monitor only shows about 1 o...
These days almost every mobile phone comes with a built-in camera. Although they are unlikely to replace a good quality, standalone digital camera, some of the latest mobile phones take excellent photos.
PC World’s avid photographers, armed with a variety of cameras (ranging in price, from a number of brands and with different features and capabilities), captured scenes in Sydney, Australia as the city awoke to an eerie, orange sky caused by a dust c...
Father's Day Gift Guide: The best digital cameras, from compact point-and-shoot models to digital SLRs
It doesn't matter if your dad is a photography nut -- or if he has no idea how to take a decent photo -- either way he'll want a camera with good features. This is the type of gift that you can add to as well: once he gets the photography bug he'll u...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's pricey Surface Book is getting stomped by the ancient Surface Pro 3
- Android TV's universal search feature finally works with Netflix
- Facebook takes on critics with political bias class
- Kodi dives into hardware with a Raspberry Pi 3 case perfect for low-cost HTPCs
- What iOS 10 can tell us about the new iPhone
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW
- CCProgrammer (IT Security/Website Administration) 160711/P/565Asia
- CCRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- FTData Center Operator (1-Year Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin) 160617/P/564Asia
- CCSAP ABAP - Senior developerVIC
- CCLead Solution Analyst - BMC Remedy softwareVIC
- CCSAP Portal DeveloperVIC
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- CCSystem AnalystACT
- FTSenior Software Developer (Full Stack)SA
- FTTechnical Support - ImplementationsVIC
- CCTechnology and Security ArchitectACT
- CCSolution Architect - PayrollNSW
- FTSystems application support analystNSW
- CCIT Technical Writer- understanding in RDMBS,Web server, StorageNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160704/AP/601Asia
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA / SQL) 160621/JP/224Asia
- CCSecurity Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCSystems Engineer | Defence intelligence projects | NV2 clearanceACT
- FTMobile DeveloperWA
- FTProject Manager - Insurance experience neededNSW