Sweden's parliament has voted in favor of a law that bans taking pictures and filming in a private environment without first getting permission from people in attendance. Critics say the law is too ambiguous.
Japanese camera manufacturer Canon has developed a large sensor chip for shooting video in extremely dim conditions.
Imaging technology once reserved for high end cameras might be coming to smartphones with new software from Japan's Morpho.
As jumbled news reports of what appeared to be a meteor shower over Russia trickled out of the country, some of the best views of what happened were from the dashboards of Russian cars.
Contour's latest wearable camcorder, the <a href="http://contour.com/products/contour-plus">Contour+</a>, boasts new features like clearer audio and a Bluetooth viewfinder, but its video quality, while good, keeps it from perfection.
Sony is delaying the launch of its 3D Handycam video camera by roughly a month due to difficulty securing parts following the March 11 earthquake in Japan.
Cisco's recent announcement that it was closing its Flip mini-camcorder business got us thinking. It's pretty clear that today's smartphones, with their excellent HD video cameras, are partly to blame for the Flip's demise. But how many other consume...
There I was at the San Francisco Giants game the other evening, when my buddy decided to do something a bit silly -- but memorable -- and handed me his little Flip camera. I'm not going to share the YouTube link, but the video is pretty good, conside...
The Contour GPS hands free camcorder crams a 1080p sensor, Bluetooth and GPS radios, removable storage and a rechargeable battery into a small, lightweight package. Designed for outdoorsy types and extreme sports enthusiasts, the video quality is goo...
The head of Cisco Systems' consumer products business is leaving the company less than two years after he arrived with the acquisition of Flip camcorder maker Pure Digital Technologies.
Cisco Systems on Wednesday showed an offering that will give people a unified way of viewing video on TV's, mobile phones, and tablet computers.
Aiptek has introduced the i2, a pocket-sized twin lens camcorder that can record 3D video, at the IFA consumer electronics show in Berlin.
Panasonic used the broiling, hectic setting of the U.S. Open tennis tourney in New York Wednesday to showcase the capabilities of its first handheld consumer-grade 3D camcorder. On a day so hot and humid that one athlete, Victoria Azarenka, collapsed...
Panasonic unveiled a slew of new Lumix cameras just last week, but the company wasn't quite done with its winter camera and camcorder announcements.
Panasonic unveiled its first two consumer camcorders capable of recording video in 3D on Wednesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Java-based Trojan was used to attack over 400,000 systems
- HPE servers get new names to help users figure out what they can be used for
- Amazon Web Services goes gunning for gamers with free FPS framework
- US government wants to sharply increase spending on cybersecurity
- Facebook faces restrictions in France on data transfer to US, tracking of users
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/UNIX) 160203/AP/381Asia
- FTUX Front-End DeveloperWA
- CCMultiple Java rolesACT
- CCWintel Support EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness Project Manager - Transformation ProgramNSW
- CCWindows System Admin, Administrator, Technical SupportNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Life InsuranceVIC
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- FTProgram ManagerNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical WriterNSW
- CCAutomation QAVIC
- CCIT Solution DesignerNSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCAngularJS DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP Basis Admin with JavaACT
- CCSAP Primavera Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCInfrastructure ConsultantNSW
- CCApplication Support AnalystNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Biomedical - South Australia locationSA
- FTSystems Engineer / Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTSenior Systems/SAN EngineerNSW