QUESTION: I need some advice about video conversion. Using DivX, a WDTV Live drive and a large hard drive, I've copied my entire DVD collection to disk. I've been reading about the H.264 format, however, which apparently retains the same quality at a...
Question: When I got my PC back after being repaired, everything that was on it before was still there, except iTunes. I'm worried I'll lose the playlists on my 30GB Apple iPod classic if I plug it into my PC after reinstalling iTunes.
QUESTION: My Windows 7 PC plays audio through headphones but is unable to pick up sound from them. I've got a Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi card and a Logitech USB phone/microphone. The drivers are up to date.
The Motorola Xoom was the most advanced tablet that we got to try out at Mobile World Congress. Other tablets, including the HTC Flyer, certainly look promising, but the Xoom is the launch device for the Google Android Honeycomb OS - the version of A...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- How to stop hackers from reaching your deleted files
- Six quick steps to start a Digital Detox
- How to upgrade to Windows 10: What you need to know
- Alphabet will work with more auto makers on self-driving cars
- Intel has quietly snuffed out its Project Tango smartphone as it rethinks augmented reality
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst (ERP)NSW
- CCPeopleSoft Consultant (Financial)NSW
- CCFrontend DevelopersQLD
- CCNetwork ArchitectNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- FTMidrange Server Provision SMENSW
- FTMobile DeveloperWA
- FTService Desk Team LeadNSW
- FTSAP FS-PM/FS-PQM SpecialistVIC
- CCSAP BW Hana DeveloperVIC
- CCHelpdesk OfficersNSW
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCSenior Systems AdministratorQLD
- CC.NET DeveloperQLD
- FTServicenow DeveloperVIC
- FTGraduate IT supportNSW
- FTSenior Architect, Marketing and Campaign ManagementNSW
- CCSAP MM / Ariba Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCTechnical Architect - CloudNSW
- FTJava DeveloperVIC
- FTFull stack (back end focus) Java Developer | Defence | NV1ACT
- CCApplication Service TechnicianVIC
- CCPeoplsoft Technical SupportACT
- CCPortfolio AnalystVIC