A group of U.S. senators has revived an effort to require major online retailers to collect sales tax from shoppers.
A proposed Internet sales tax that could see new life in Congress in coming weeks would cost U.S. online shoppers $24 billion in its first year, according to a study from an anti-tax group.
A telephone records surveillance program run by the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation and National Security Agency raises serious privacy concerns and should be reined in, some U.S. senators said Wednesday.
The U.S. Senate has delayed a vote on an Internet sales tax until May, after a handful of senators blocked lawmakers from voting on the legislation this week.
The US Senate has overwhelmingly passed a nonbinding proposal to allow states to collect sales tax on Internet sellers that have no presence within their borders.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- The best Pokémon Go map grabs data directly from the Pokémon Go servers
- Apple reports second straight quarter of declining iPhone sales
- NTSB: Tesla in fatal crash was speeding with Autopilot on
- Office 365 gets new Word, PowerPoint and Outlook features
- Intel is developing AR smart glasses for interactive collaboration
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTCitrix SpecialistACT
- CCMac (iOS) Support Engineer - $30 p/h - Three Year ContractNSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCDW/BI DeveloperACT
- CCIncident ManagerSA
- FTProject CoordinatorQLD
- FTMidrange Server Provision SMENSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Logistic and TransportVIC
- CCSenior Tester - Automation / Telecommunications (Urgent)NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst / BillingNSW
- FTDesktop Specialist - Application PackagingACT
- CCGeo-spatial AdministratorVIC
- FTIT Helpdesk (Microsoft)NSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- FTPortal DeveloperNSW
- FTDefence Network Architect | NV2ACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE) 160721/AP/075Asia
- FTSoftware Tester | Innovation | Business FacingNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160801/AP/258Asia
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (HP-UX/Oracle RDBMS) 160720/SA/113Asia
- FTPortfolio Project Governance AnalystNSW
- FTCisco IP Telephony EngineerNSW
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC