Privacy concerns have delayed a U.S. Senate vote on a controversial cyberthreat information-sharing bill until lawmakers return from a month-long recess.
Two U.S. senators are pushing proposals to extend the National Security Agency's domestic telephone records dragnet, but a diverse coalition of civil liberties and advocacy groups have called on lawmakers to vote against those plans.
After two U.S. women were charged this week with conspiring to build bombs in support of terrorist groups, a U.S. senator wants two publications that include bomb-making instructions deleted from the Internet.
A U.S. Senate committee has voted in secret to approve a controversial bill that seeks to encourage businesses to share information about cyberthreats with each other and with government agencies.
U.S. lawmakers got a report card on Friday: they've been graded by the Electronic Frontier Foundation and other groups on whether they are effectively reining in the National Security Agency's surveillance programs.
U.S. President Barack Obama's administration should reverse its decision to suspend the passport of U.S. National Security Agency leaker Edward Snowden and end its efforts to prosecute him as policymakers push to change the programs he exposed, a gro...
Recommendations by a presidential panel to overhaul a U.S. National Security Agency phone records collection program could impede efforts to track terrorism suspects, some senators suggested Tuesday.
A U.S. Senate committee has voted to approve a bill that would leave in place the U.S. National Security Agency's bulk telephone-records collection program, with some limits.
Massive data collection and surveillance programs at the U.S. National Security Agency are necessary to keep the nation safe from terrorism, several senators said Wednesday.
The U.S. Congress must act quickly on legislation that would make electronic data collection efforts by the U.S. National Security Agency more public, a group of tech firms, civil liberties groups and other organizations said Monday.
A U.S. surveillance court has given the National Security Agency no limit on the number of U.S. telephone records it collects in the name of fighting terrorism, the NSA director said Thursday.
Several U.S. senators will push for changes in the way the National Security Agency collects the telephone records of millions of U.S. residents, with lawmakers saying they will focus on making the NSA program more transparent to the public.
Cyberattacks are near the top of the list of most serious threats facing the U.S., with the rivaling concerns about terrorism and North Korea, intelligence officials with President Barack Obama's administration said.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's pricey Surface Book is getting stomped by the ancient Surface Pro 3
- Android TV's universal search feature finally works with Netflix
- Facebook takes on critics with political bias class
- Kodi dives into hardware with a Raspberry Pi 3 case perfect for low-cost HTPCs
- What iOS 10 can tell us about the new iPhone
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSharePoint AdministratorNSW
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW
- CCInside Sales Specialist / Customer Service - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCSystems Engineer / Applications Scripting DeveloperSA
- CCMulesoft Integration DeveloperWA
- CCOracle iLearning Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Systems AnalystACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - BPRNSW
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW
- CCSystem Engineer (DevOps)WA
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerVIC
- CCSalesforce Project ManagerQLD
- FTTechnical COE SpecialistACT
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW
- FTContent Manager - Migration projectNSW
- FTAutomation Test Engineer | C#/.Net focusNSW
- FTEnvironments Lead (Linux/ Automation)VIC
- CCSystems Engineer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCProject Master SchedulerVIC
- CCJava Developer with Oracle database experience | Defence intelligence | NV1ACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/SQL) 160621/AP/082Asia
- FTMobile DeveloperWA
- CCBusiness Impact AssessmentsVIC