Privacy concerns have delayed a U.S. Senate vote on a controversial cyberthreat information-sharing bill until lawmakers return from a month-long recess.
Two U.S. senators are pushing proposals to extend the National Security Agency's domestic telephone records dragnet, but a diverse coalition of civil liberties and advocacy groups have called on lawmakers to vote against those plans.
After two U.S. women were charged this week with conspiring to build bombs in support of terrorist groups, a U.S. senator wants two publications that include bomb-making instructions deleted from the Internet.
A U.S. Senate committee has voted in secret to approve a controversial bill that seeks to encourage businesses to share information about cyberthreats with each other and with government agencies.
U.S. lawmakers got a report card on Friday: they've been graded by the Electronic Frontier Foundation and other groups on whether they are effectively reining in the National Security Agency's surveillance programs.
After six months of contentious debate over U.S. National Security Agency surveillance programs, prompted by leaks from former government contractor Edward Snowden, the third week in December may have marked a major turning point.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- 10 things you need to know about Intel's crazy 10-core Broadwell-E CPU
- Ballistix demonstrates first NVMe drive performance at Computex
- Computex: SSD makers who don't make U.2 SSDs say U.2 is 'dead on arrival' but motherboard maker shows otherwise
- 100 illuminated Intel drones to perform at Vivid Sydney
- Intel beefs up VR ammo with Extreme Edition Core i7 chips
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCEnd to End Project Manager - PMO and GovernanceVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCData Engineer (Java, Scala, Scripting, Hadoop, Spark)NSW
- FTService Desk AnaylstNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | Routing & switching | Design, implementation, L3 supportNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Marketing SystemsNSW
- FTVMWare Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- FTApplication Support EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Network Engineer - NV1ACT
- CCProject Manager NetworksNSW
- FTSenior Business Analysts - Payments or Disaster RecoveryVIC
- CCDigital Content ProducerVIC
- CCContract Programmer (HTML/JAVA/SQL) 160525/P/013Asia
- FTPeopleSoft Finance Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, ReportingNSW
- CCIT Support Analyst// Service Desk Support/ Level 1 SupportNSW
- FTLinux Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- FTSenior Java Developer / Technical LeadACT
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Developer (.Net)SA
- CCJunior / Mid Level Java Developer - Developing Restful Microservice SolutionsVIC
- CCIdentity SpecialistQLD
- CCSolutions Architect - Enterprise ApplicationsNSW
- CCPHP / Magento E-Commerce DeveloperNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectACT