Facebook has released as open source a code analyzer tool, typically called a linter, that can work with the latest version of the C++ language, C++11.
SAP has joined forces with Xamarin to make it easier for developers to integrate their apps with the company's Mobile Platform.
Cloudant has announced open source, native Sync software libraries for Android and iOS, making it easier for developers to build offline access in their mobile applications.
Telerik's new Platform toolset lets developers choose if they want to build Web, hybrid or native applications for multiple OSes and device types, allowing them to pick what they think is the best option.
Google wants more developers to integrate their Android apps with its storage service Drive, and has released a new API that aims to make it easier.
Starting on Tuesday, the million or so third-party applications that use Twitter data must start encrypting all of their communications with the Twitter API (application programming interface), in order to improve security and maintain data integrity...
Unity Technologies has added the ability to develop games for the Sony PlayStation Vita to version 4.3 of its cross-platform toolset.
A group of researchers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology have devised a potentially more effective way of helping computers solve some of the toughest optimization problems they face.
Xamarin has integrated the sneak peek version of Google's GDK (Glass Development Kit) into its cross-platform development tools, allowing C# developers to create apps for Google Glass.
Building on a collaboration with Google, software vendor JetBrains has updated its IntelliJ IDEA Java IDE (integrated development environment) to offer more capabilities for creating applications to run on Android devices.
Google is working on an official SDK for its digital media dongle Chromecast, and is inviting developers to the company's headquarters to show how best to use it.
Much has been made about the "Internet of things," but behind every device is a customer, and companies that fail to recognize this do so at their own peril, according to Salesforce.com CEO Marc Benioff.
Samsung Electronics' worldwide tour to drum up developer interest stopped in London on Monday, as it hopes more developers will take advantage of features such as its S-Pen.
Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 developers can now integrate Facebook's login system into their applications so people don't have to create a separate user name and password for them.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- The SteelSeries Qck Prism is the first dual-sided RGB mousepad
- Nvidia's offering three free VR games if you buy a GTX 10 Series card and an Oculus Rift + Touch
- Call of Duty: WWII returns the series to Normandy and Germany on November 3
- Don't install the Windows 10 Creators Update on your own, Microsoft advises
- Scanner Sombre review: A weird and unsettling glimpse into darkness
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBI and Report DeveloperQLD
- FTSolutions Architect (Collaboration Technology) - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)ACT
- TPWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTSecurity Support Manager - Perth BasedNSW
- CCServer SOE EngineerACT
- FTIT Helpdesk AnalystVIC
- FTSenior MS Dynamics CRM Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCEnd User Services ArchitectNSW
- FTHRIS Systems Support Analyst (Kronos)NSW
- CCNetwork Design SpecialistNSW
- TPProject/Deployment ManagerQLD
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksVIC
- FTDeveloper - Python, Ruby, or PerlQLD
- CCCitrix SpecialistVIC
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTTester AnalystACT
- FTIntegration Specialist - TIBCONSW
- CCTibco Integration Specialist l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTHTML DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerACT
- FTCitrix Engineer/Designer - AWS experience essentialNSW
- FTICT Relationship Manager - Service Delivery EnvironmentNSW
- FTDesktop Support/ Field Services EngineerQLD
- FTNetwork EngineerSA