Online code repository GitHub is taking on the venerable Emacs and Vim text editors by releasing a text editor of its own, called Atom, which it claims is more suited to the Web era of development.
To help organizations get a better handle on the R statistical programming language, which is enjoying a surge in use as a big-data analysis tool, Revolution Analytics has introduced a new support package.
Mainframe operators using BMC software may now be able to enjoy the speedy, devops-style development pace that is quickly becoming the norm for customer-facing mobile applications and Internet services.
Borrowing a page from the recently revised Microsoft playbook, development tools maker Telerik has released as open source the bulk of its Kendo software library of components for building Web and mobile applications
Developers will be able to build applications to remotely control two Sony lens cameras, using new features the company has added to an SDK.
Nokia is giving developers the tools to write Windows Phone apps that lets users do more with their photos, like combine shots taken with the front and back cameras.
Microsoft's App Studio beta test has been expanded to allow novice developers to build applications for Windows tablets and PCs, in addition to Windows Phone.
Game developers can prepare to create apps for Windows Phone 8.1 with a beta program from Unity Technologies.
Using Marmalade Technologies' Juice tool, iOS developers can recompile their games to run on Android.
Mozilla and Unity Technologies are collaborating to make it easier for developers to create games that will run smoothly in a browser without plugins, thanks to technologies such as WebGL.
With a new integrated development environment (IDE), Embarcadero Technologies is hoping to ease the burden of application developers who must prepare their creations for more than one operating system (OS).
Google has updated its cross-platform Play Games service, and promises it has more in store for this week's Game Developers Conference in San Francisco.
Fraunhofer Institute researchers are working to speed up the scanning of mobile app code for security flaws, aiming to offer developers in a few milliseconds the kind of analysis that once required an all-night scan of code.
Chip maker Broadcom has announced a new specification along with software and APIs to improve the performance of OpenFlow switches and to make it easier for hardware vendors to build products.
Attempting to further encourage the use of the Git version control software in the enterprise, developer tools provider Atlassian has released a package to help managers harness the open source application for large coding projects.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Kogan Mobile upgrades to 4G network
- Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- MIT uses 4D maps to help robot teams navigate moving obstacles
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Project Manager, Technology Upgrade & RefreshNSW
- CCSenior Oracle DBA- Part time 20 hoursWA
- CCWindows Server EngineerNSW
- CCDigital Producer (Part Time 3 Days Per Week)NSW
- CCSolution ArchitectACT
- CCIntegration Delivery Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior ICT Project OfficerACT
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Oracle Exadata/ExalogicVIC
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- FTDatabase Administrator / ArchitectNSW
- CCMid or Senior Developer - Mobile Applications - (iOS)NSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - ICT SecurityNSW
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- FTGraduate IT Administration SupportVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Data ManagementNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCRemedy AdministratorNSW
- CCSr. Project Manager - Six SigmaVIC
- CCBPM ConsultantVIC
- CCInfrastructure Engineer - Windows, VMWare, HyperVWA
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/SQL) 160421/P/903Asia