Toshiba is hoping developers will use its application processors to build wearable devices, and has launched hardware and software development kits to help make it happen.
Potentially making work easier for system administrators, Red Hat has updated its development packages to support running multiple versions of the same programming language on its flagship enterprise operating system, Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL).
Microsoft is equipping its Azure cloud service with a tool to debug PHP-based Web applications that are running on the platform.
Now that machine-learning algorithms are moving into mainstream computing, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology is preparing a way to make it easier to use the technique in everyday programming.
Software development is moving beyond the desktop computer. With this in mind, Embarcadero has strengthened its flagship Windows RAD Studio IDE (integrated development environment) to better help build mobile apps and software for Internet of Things ...
After borrowing Facebook open source code for running PHP programs more efficiently, Etsy won't need to grow its data center footprint this year, saving it from a significant expense.
With the Apple Watch set for release on April 24, third-party application developers are rushing to write extensions that can run on the device. Now Instagram is sharing some code it wrote for its own app to help others.
For the next version of its Visual Studio, Microsoft has consolidated the enterprise versions of the integrated development environment (IDE) software into a single product so it can be more easily managed by large organizations.
For Web developers, making the jump to building full-fledged smartphone apps can be daunting. Facebook could ease the transition with a newly open-sourced framework its engineers developed to build apps for Apple devices.
Microsoft has increased by a factor of eight the maximum size of OS drives that can run on its Azure cloud, hoping to get enterprises to migrate more workloads.
Microsoft needs apps for Windows 10 to make it a success, but developers need tools to make them. With Microsoft's first technical preview of Visual Studio 2015, they'll be able to get started.
While developers may enjoy robust wireless connections, those using their apps may not always be as well connected. As a result, such users may quickly get frustrated when an app crashes or slows to a crawl from a dodgy connection unanticipated by th...
Airbnb has open-sourced a tool that allows its non-technical employees to work like data scientists, and it hopes others will use the software to more effectively mine their own data
When creating new mobile applications, developers all too often forget taking the few additional steps to make their programs usable for those with disabilities.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 3 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 4 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- 5 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Review: Asus ROG G752 OC Edition - Faster than many desktop gaming PCs
- Make a Wi-Fi gadget with a $9.99 Orange Pi development board
- Analysts laud and lance new Microsoft browser armor
- Should I drill a hole into my iPhone 7 to give it a headphone jack?
- Mediatek's developer board features a 10-core chip and Android 6.0
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD