Toshiba is hoping developers will use its application processors to build wearable devices, and has launched hardware and software development kits to help make it happen.
Potentially making work easier for system administrators, Red Hat has updated its development packages to support running multiple versions of the same programming language on its flagship enterprise operating system, Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL).
Microsoft is equipping its Azure cloud service with a tool to debug PHP-based Web applications that are running on the platform.
Now that machine-learning algorithms are moving into mainstream computing, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology is preparing a way to make it easier to use the technique in everyday programming.
Software development is moving beyond the desktop computer. With this in mind, Embarcadero has strengthened its flagship Windows RAD Studio IDE (integrated development environment) to better help build mobile apps and software for Internet of Things ...
After borrowing Facebook open source code for running PHP programs more efficiently, Etsy won't need to grow its data center footprint this year, saving it from a significant expense.
With the Apple Watch set for release on April 24, third-party application developers are rushing to write extensions that can run on the device. Now Instagram is sharing some code it wrote for its own app to help others.
For the next version of its Visual Studio, Microsoft has consolidated the enterprise versions of the integrated development environment (IDE) software into a single product so it can be more easily managed by large organizations.
For Web developers, making the jump to building full-fledged smartphone apps can be daunting. Facebook could ease the transition with a newly open-sourced framework its engineers developed to build apps for Apple devices.
Microsoft has increased by a factor of eight the maximum size of OS drives that can run on its Azure cloud, hoping to get enterprises to migrate more workloads.
Microsoft needs apps for Windows 10 to make it a success, but developers need tools to make them. With Microsoft's first technical preview of Visual Studio 2015, they'll be able to get started.
While developers may enjoy robust wireless connections, those using their apps may not always be as well connected. As a result, such users may quickly get frustrated when an app crashes or slows to a crawl from a dodgy connection unanticipated by th...
Airbnb has open-sourced a tool that allows its non-technical employees to work like data scientists, and it hopes others will use the software to more effectively mine their own data
When creating new mobile applications, developers all too often forget taking the few additional steps to make their programs usable for those with disabilities.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Optus offers unlimited data for new home broadband bundles
- Kogan Mobile upgrades to 4G network
- Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- MIT uses 4D maps to help robot teams navigate moving obstacles
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCWeb Content Developer- Angular, PHP, interface backgroundNSW
- FTTechnology Risk ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Revenue Systems Functional AnalystSA
- CCLead Administrator - Network and SecurityNSW
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCSystems TrainerVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager, Technology Upgrade & RefreshNSW
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC
- CCSenior Analyst, Applications - GDWVIC
- CCSystem admin with SQL server experience | Defence-wide project | NV1 neededACT
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/SQL) 160421/P/903Asia
- CCChange Manager x 2NSW
- FTSenior Project Manager, SoftwareNSW
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCOperational Team LeadVIC
- CCCommVault Backp EngineerNSW
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- FTSenior Application SpecialistACT