The Flash Player update released Tuesday not only fixed two vulnerabilities that were being targeted by attackers, but added additional protections that will make entire classes of security flaws much harder to exploit in the future.
Detection / prevention
Cisco Systems plans to pay $US635 million in cash to buy OpenDNS, a company that leverages the Domain Name System (DNS) to provide security services including Web filtering, threat intelligence and malware and phishing protection.
IBM has joined an increasing number of vendors who are pushing for real-time cybersecurity information sharing among private and public organizations, researchers and other network defenders.
A new open-source tool can periodically scan an area for rogue Wi-Fi access points and can alert network administrators if any are found.
Facebook has built a platform where organizations can share information about the security threats they face in order to better fend off cyberattacks.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Halo 5: Forge's multiplayer is now more accessible on PC with a new custom game browser
- Ubisoft's 30th anniversary putters across the finish line with free copies of Assassin's Creed III
- YouTube's top trending videos for 2016
- Intel may use AMD GPUs to challenge Nvidia's rising power
- Creative Live! Cam Sync HD review: Crummy video tanks this HD webcam
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCProject Manager - Procurement System ImplementationNSW
- CCSecurity Consultant (Perth CBD based)NSW
- CCSystems AdministratorQLD
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- CCSenior Platform DeveloperNSW
- CCPowerOn Mobile SpecialistWA
- FTPortal Project ManagerNSW
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerWA
- CCConsumer Social Specialist / Campaign Manager (Digital)VIC
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterOther
- CCChange & Release AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- CCAd Optimisation ManagerVIC
- CCERP LeadWA
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Technical Business AnalystACT
- TPAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkSA
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTEnd Point Security AdministratorACT
- TPWordpress DeveloperVIC
- CCNetwork Deployment SpecialistNSW
- FTSOE Team LeaderWA