Following a downward trend during the past two years, the number of new rootkit samples rose in the first quarter of this year to a level not seen since 2011, according to statistics from security vendor McAfee.
A malware threat previously used in attacks against energy sector companies is now being aimed at organizations that use or develop industrial applications and machines.
A vulnerability allows attackers to disable Microsoft's antimalware products by sending specifically crafted files to users via websites, email or instant messaging applications.
Mining personal data to deliver targeted ads is the lifeblood of Google's business -- and of many other online firms. But what if that data dries up at the source?
Users can test by simply visiting a Web page if their computers have been infected with Gameover Zeus, a sophisticated online banking Trojan that law enforcement officers temporarily disrupted last week.
Customers of storage and networking equipment manufacturer Buffalo who downloaded certain files from the company's website in Japan last week might have had their computers infected with an online banking Trojan.
The recent effort to disrupt the Gameover Zeus botnet includes plans for Internet service providers to notify victims, but some security researchers think ISPs should play an even bigger role in the future by actively quarantining infected computers ...
Someday, if you use your non-dominant hand to control your mouse or touchpad when you're say, shopping online, websites might interpret your irregular scrolling and clicking as a sign of fraud and require you to prove your identity, thanks to an IBM ...
The Secure Boot security mechanism of the Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) can be bypassed on around half of computers that have the feature enabled in order to install bootkits, according to a security researcher.
A new computer Trojan that targets users of 450 financial institutions from around the world appears to borrow functionality and features directly from the notorious Zeus and Carberp malware programs.
When's the last time you thought about using different passwords for different websites? Perhaps after a bug called Heartbleed started crawling around them.
Worried about how the Heartbleed vulnerability may affect your personal accounts? A new tool may be of help.
The source code of TrueCrypt, a popular disk encryption tool, is not the most polished work of programming, but it has no critical flaws or intentional backdoors, security testers concluded in a report released Monday.
Websites that use encryption could be elevated in Google search results sometime in the future, according to The Wall Street Journal.
Jose Vildoza's 62-year-old father was using his old Windows computer when a warning in broken English flashed on the screen: your files have been encrypted.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Linksys Max-Stream AC1900+ WiFi Range Extender RE7000 review
- Many hospitals transmit your health records unencrypted
- EFF condemns Windows 10 data collection
- Facebook renews search for elusive younger users with Lifestage
- Blame it on your brain: Researchers discover why we ignore PC security warnings
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160818/P/265Asia
- CCCommunications ManagerVIC
- CCSalesforce CRM ManagerNSW
- CCSenior IT Project SpecialistVIC
- CCSystem Analyst - NetIQNSW
- CCComms project specialistVIC
- FTData AnalystsWA
- CCActive Directory Consultant/ArchitectWA
- CCTest Environment ManagerNSW
- FTAutomation Tester- C#, Selenium | Cloud Based Finance SolutionsNSW
- CCSenior Security Specialist - McAfeeVIC
- CCData Analyst - multiples roles - EAM experience requiredNSW
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- FTTM1 Solution DesignerNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/MySQL) 160823/AP/172Asia
- CCEmail Production SpecialistNSW
- CCDB2 Database AdministratorACT
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTTest EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- FTSAP BASIS HANA ConsultantNSW
- CCPMO Project AdministratorNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence Team LeadVIC