Attackers can infect MacBook computers with highly persistent boot rootkits by connecting malicious devices to them over the Thunderbolt interface.
A new computer Trojan based on the infamous ZeuS banking malware is targeting users of over 150 banks and payment systems from around the world, security researchers warn.
Internet Explorer and Exchange Server top the list of Microsoft programs needing to be patched by IT administrators this month, now that the company has rolled out its latest round of "Patch Tuesday" security fixes.
Facebook has partnered with antivirus firm ESET to offer users the ability to scan their computers for malware directly from inside the social networking site.
Antivirus firm Bitdefender unveiled a hardware security appliance for home networks Tuesday that aims to protect devices by scanning network traffic to detect and block potential security threats.
A free tool released Thursday allows users to scan their computers for surveillance malware that has been used in attacks against journalists, human rights defenders and political activists around the world.
"Where's Andrea?" That was the question on the lips of attendees at this week's No Such Con security conference.
Cybercriminals behind a new ransomware program called CoinVault are trying out a new psychological tactic to convince users to pay up -- freebies.
AV vendors, in fierce competition for users, should remember that cooperation is key in fighting malware, a top Microsoft security official said Friday.
Adobe Systems released critical security updates Tuesday for Flash Player to address 18 vulnerabilities, many of which can be remotely exploited to compromise underlying systems.
Microsoft's Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit (EMET), a security program popular with companies, was updated Monday to harden the exploit mitigations that it adds to other programs and to address compatibility issues with some of them.
If you haven't updated your Flash Player with the fixes released on Oct. 14, you may be vulnerable to new attacks using a commercial exploit kit called Fiesta, security researchers warn.
Yahoo said Monday it has fixed a bug that was mistaken for the Shellshock flaw, but no user data was affected.
In a gambit aimed at driving manufacturers to beef up protections for USB flash drive firmware, two security researchers have released a collection of tools that can be used to turn those drives into silent malware installers.
The breach of Home Depot's payment systems may have compromised 56 million payment cards as a result of malware that has since been eliminated, the company said Thursday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- How to stop hackers from reaching your deleted files
- Six quick steps to start a Digital Detox
- How to upgrade to Windows 10: What you need to know
- Alphabet will work with more auto makers on self-driving cars
- Intel has quietly snuffed out its Project Tango smartphone as it rethinks augmented reality
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCBusiness Project ManagerVIC
- FTNetwork Infrastructure SpecialistSA
- CCProject Manager/ Sr PMO Analyst - Consulting BackgroundNSW
- CCTest Manager - Baseline SecurityVIC
- CCSQL DeveloperNSW
- FTPortfolio & Program Management ManagerVIC
- CCNetwork ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Contracts Officer/Procurement -Governmen BckgrndNSW
- FTProject Coordinator- NSW Government - reform BackgroundNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/SQL Server) 160812/AP/553Asia
- FTSAS Support SpecialistNSW
- CCSAP FICO Consultant/SAP FICO Stream LeadNSW
- CCAgile Performance Tester- Bamboo, Jenkins, Confluence, JiraNSW
- CCData Entry - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCVendor ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst (NON-IT)WA
- FTSenior Architect, Marketing and Campaign ManagementNSW
- CCCisco CCIE Certified Network EngineerWA
- FTCloud EngineerVIC
- FTSQL DATA AnalyticsNSW
- FTJDE DeveloperVIC
- CCTest CoordinatorQLD
- FTInfrastructure Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- CCServiceNow Technical LeadNSW