The hacking group that targeted unclassified email systems at the U.S. Department of State and the White House is believed to have also compromised a network used by the Joint Chiefs of Staff, a body of senior U.S. military leaders.
The U.S. National Security Agency will lose access to the bulk telephone records data it has collected at the end of November, the Office of the Director of National Intelligence announced Monday.
Someone call the malware antitrust commission: Recent versions of the Kovter ad fraud Trojan, which infects computers through Web-based exploits, close the door after themselves by updating Flash Player to the latest version.
Cisco Systems plans to pay $US635 million in cash to buy OpenDNS, a company that leverages the Domain Name System (DNS) to provide security services including Web filtering, threat intelligence and malware and phishing protection.
Windows 10 will have a new mechanism that will allow software developers to integrate their applications with whatever antimalware programs exist on users' computers.
The shamelessness of ransomware pushers knows no bounds. After encrypting people's files and then holding them to ransom, they portray themselves as service providers offering technical support and discounts to their "customers."
The U.S. House of Representatives may vote on a controversial cyberthreat information sharing bill this week, despite major privacy concerns from many digital rights groups and security researchers.
Security researchers who participated in the Pwn2Own hacking contest this week demonstrated remote code execution exploits against the top four browsers, and also hacked the widely used Adobe Reader and Flash Player plug-ins.
Microsoft updated its Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit (EMET), a free exploit prevention tool, to protect against attacks that attempt to bypass Internet Explorer's sandbox using VBScript.
A cryptographic library used in all Windows versions is affected by a recently disclosed vulnerability in SSL/TLS implementations that allows man-in-the-middle attackers to force clients and servers to use weak encryption. Internet Explorer and other...
An effort to search for cryptographic flaws in TrueCrypt, a popular disk encryption program, will resume even though the software was abandoned by its creators almost a year ago.
Jeb Bush, the former Florida governor now contemplating a run for U.S. president, may not have privacy high on his agenda.
The Twitter accounts of two more companies -- Newsweek and the International Business Times -- were compromised on Tuesday, showing Twitter's attractiveness to hackers despite its cybersecurity features.
Pro tip for any would-be online drug kingpins: Don't post vacation pictures on Facebook.
CryptoWall, one of a family of malware programs that encrypts files and demands a ransom from victims, has undergone a revamp that is frustrating security researchers.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Frazzled or burnt out? You need downtime but where do you find it?
- SurveyMonkey: Pokémon Go popularity may have already peaked
- Report: Apple Car launch date slips back a year to 2021
- Pokémon Go and the demon-haunted world
- Gaming desktops with AMD Zen chips will be hard to come by this year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CCApplication Service TechnicianVIC
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantWA
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows) 160804/ITA/151Asia
- CCSolution DesignerNSW
- CCSenior SAP BW & HANA Developer/Technical ArchitectVIC
- FTFull-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Microsoft Active DirectoryNSW
- CCProduction Manager / Digital ProducerNSW
- CCReport Business Analyst- BI, Oracle, SAP, TableauNSW
- FTMobility Test AnalystNSW
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- FTAppian DeveloperVIC
- CCGuidewire Developer - Policy Center 8NSW
- CCData Analyst / Data ModelerNSW
- FTPortfolio Governance AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCProject Manager/ Sr PMO Analyst - Consulting BackgroundNSW
- FTSystems Engineer | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearanceACT
- CCProject Manager- Infrastructure and App Roles- Gov BackgroundNSW
- CCService Lead - Cloud hosting and storageNSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectVIC