The hacking group that targeted unclassified email systems at the U.S. Department of State and the White House is believed to have also compromised a network used by the Joint Chiefs of Staff, a body of senior U.S. military leaders.
The U.S. National Security Agency will lose access to the bulk telephone records data it has collected at the end of November, the Office of the Director of National Intelligence announced Monday.
Someone call the malware antitrust commission: Recent versions of the Kovter ad fraud Trojan, which infects computers through Web-based exploits, close the door after themselves by updating Flash Player to the latest version.
Cisco Systems plans to pay $US635 million in cash to buy OpenDNS, a company that leverages the Domain Name System (DNS) to provide security services including Web filtering, threat intelligence and malware and phishing protection.
Windows 10 will have a new mechanism that will allow software developers to integrate their applications with whatever antimalware programs exist on users' computers.
The shamelessness of ransomware pushers knows no bounds. After encrypting people's files and then holding them to ransom, they portray themselves as service providers offering technical support and discounts to their "customers."
The U.S. House of Representatives may vote on a controversial cyberthreat information sharing bill this week, despite major privacy concerns from many digital rights groups and security researchers.
Security researchers who participated in the Pwn2Own hacking contest this week demonstrated remote code execution exploits against the top four browsers, and also hacked the widely used Adobe Reader and Flash Player plug-ins.
Microsoft updated its Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit (EMET), a free exploit prevention tool, to protect against attacks that attempt to bypass Internet Explorer's sandbox using VBScript.
A cryptographic library used in all Windows versions is affected by a recently disclosed vulnerability in SSL/TLS implementations that allows man-in-the-middle attackers to force clients and servers to use weak encryption. Internet Explorer and other...
An effort to search for cryptographic flaws in TrueCrypt, a popular disk encryption program, will resume even though the software was abandoned by its creators almost a year ago.
Jeb Bush, the former Florida governor now contemplating a run for U.S. president, may not have privacy high on his agenda.
The Twitter accounts of two more companies -- Newsweek and the International Business Times -- were compromised on Tuesday, showing Twitter's attractiveness to hackers despite its cybersecurity features.
Pro tip for any would-be online drug kingpins: Don't post vacation pictures on Facebook.
CryptoWall, one of a family of malware programs that encrypts files and demands a ransom from victims, has undergone a revamp that is frustrating security researchers.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Java installer flaw shows why you should clear your Downloads folder
- Facebook's Free Basics prohibited in India
- Apple's GPU supplier ditches CEO, seeks new strategy
- ASUS launches world’s first liquid-cooled gaming laptop
- JB Hi-Fi reaches $2bn revenue mark for 2016 half-year results
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTProgram ManagerNSW
- CCMVC .Net Developer- Hurstville NSW 2220NSW
- FTChange & Communications OfficerQLD
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTLinux AdministratorVIC
- FTFull Stack & Mobile EngineersNSW
- CCCommercial Manager - Strategy / Big Data - Telecommunications -NSW
- CCMid to Senior Level User Experience SpecialistsNSW
- CCWintel Support EngineerNSW
- CCAngularJS DeveloperNSW
- FTSecurity ArchitectWA
- CCPega BPM Developer / Configurer - 12 months contractACT
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCProject Manager & Coordination OfficerACT
- FTHelpdesk support - Level 1VIC
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Oracle DBANSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - IT SecurityNSW
- CCTechnical Integration Specialist - MicrosoftACT
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- FTManager, Portfolio GovernanceNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectNSW
- FTOracle System Integration Engineer - CANBERRASA
- CCJava DeveloperVIC