Building a computer is a great way to get a custom configuration, save some money and have fun. In a how-to video, we'll show you how to build one in less than two minutes.
Building your own PC may seem to be difficult or a waste of time but it has many advantages.
QUESTION: My Windows 7 Home Premium computer has a quad-core processor and 4GB of RAM. I've not found any advantage to using four cores. How can I use the processor more effectively and allocate different processes to the individual cores?
Building a PC is a little like walking a tightrope without a net. Okay, it's not quite that dangerous, but unlike buying an off-the-shelf system, you have to be your own tech support staff.
If your desktop PC's case gets dirty as time goes by, grime can clog the fans that keep internal parts cool. If airflow is blocked, those parts could overheat.
Selecting components to build a fast PC for everyday office and multimedia tasks is never an easy undertaking, no matter how well you know your stuff. You have to make a large number of decisions about components, and the longer you take to research ...
This article is the seventh and final in a series of how-to stories on building a computer.
This article is the sixth in a series of how-to stories on building a computer.
This article is the fifth in a series of how-to stories on building a computer.
This article is the fourth in a series of how-to stories on building a computer.
This article is the third in a series of how-to stories on building a computer. For a video version of part three, click here.
So out of the blue today, I click a link embedded in an e-mail, and Outlook gives me this error:
My desktop occasionally fails to shut down properly. It seems to complete Windows' shutdown process, but then just freezes--without actually turning off.
Reader Anibal is looking to outfit his PC with a Blu-ray drive and wants to know if there's any good, low-cost (or free) software for watching Blu-ray movies.
They're collecting dust in storage rooms and taking up extra space in your garage or office. They can't handle today's applications, peripherals or operating systems. Yes, older computers are a nuisance, like the brother-in-law who sleeps on your sof...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Best Travel SIMs for Japan
- AMD drops Radeon RX 460, RX 470 prices ahead of Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1050 launch
- AT&T will acquire Time Warner for US$85.4b in content play
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- iPads and Apple TV aimed at transforming patient care
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCJunior Programmer (Application Dev. & Mgt.) 161017/JP/221Asia
- CCTesting Capability LeadNSW
- CCHead of Digital (Technology Manager - Digital Transformations)NSW
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- CCApplications Support Technical OfficerACT
- CCSAP GRC consultant with ABAP experience . Canberra LocationNSW
- CCL1 Desktop Support - 3 days a weekNSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- FTSOE ConsultantACT
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- FTSenior Commercial and Bid ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Web Programming) 161013/AP/185Asia
- CCInfrastructure & Security Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (J2EE/JAVA/Web) 161012/SSA/552Asia
- CCSenior Solution Designer, Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCNetwork Designer/ConsultantVIC
- CCCisco Wi-Fi Network Engineer - SurveyorNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161114/ITA/411Asia
- CCTest Lead with HP ALMACT
- CCSystem TestersQLD
- CCADABAS Database Administrator - NV1 clearedACT
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 161018/P/911Asia
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/XML) 161018/JP/922Asia
- FTProduct ManagerVIC