Apple has racked up another hugely profitable quarter on sales of iPhones and Macintosh computers, though its revenue growth was slower than expected.
Two days after Hewlett-Packard said its chairman had resigned due to ill health, the company has named a replacement: President and CEO Meg Whitman.
Ralph Whitworth, who'd been chairman of Hewlett-Packard for just over a year, is resigning from his job for health reasons, HP said on Tuesday.
Upgrades from Windows XP PCs to newer computers during the second quarter perked up the PC market, which inched closer to positive quarterly shipment growth.
Microsoft's Windows OS could play a crucial rule in returning worldwide PC shipments to modest growth next year after multiple years of decline, according to Gartner.
Sales have not been uniformly strong for IT, but there have been enough upbeat reports pouring in from vendor and market research companies to buoy overall confidence in tech.
The PCI technology that's served PCs and servers well for decades is learning to get by on less power so it can play in mobile devices and the Internet of Things.
The skies have brightened slightly since March for the beleaguered PC, with sales now likely to fall by just 6 percent this year, according to research company IDC.
Intel is shipping a new Core i7 chip for gamers that runs at 4.4GHz -- and can be overclocked to 5GHz.
Dell is making a line of PCs using plastics obtained by expanding its recycling program.
Lenovo's net profit grew 25 percent year-over-year in the first quarter as the Chinese company continued to make gains in the PC and smartphone markets.
VMware is leaning on AirWatch to let users access files from one place using virtual and physical clients and let admins manage desktops in the same way they handle mobile devices.
PC sales in Western Europe have risen after 13 consecutive quarters of decline, according to market research company Gartner. The market research company said government spending and the replacement of machines running Windows XP contributed to the g...
Microsoft's App Studio beta test has been expanded to allow novice developers to build applications for Windows tablets and PCs, in addition to Windows Phone.
Mixed news for hardware and some disappointing software vendor financial reports this week appeared to put a dent in confidence in the IT sector.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC One (M9) review: The weakest One in the trilogy
- 2 Google Nexus 9 review: The best of Google and HTC
- 3 Subaru WRX Premium CVT review: A wolf in sheep’s clothing
- 4 Oppo R5 review: Among the most innovative of smartphones
- 5 Apple Mac Mini review: A Macintosh that's easy on the wallet
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Samsung Galaxy S6, S6 Edge pricing: Vodafone vs Optus vs Telstra vs Virgin
- Smaller, lower-priced Microsoft Surface 3 tablet coming in May
- In a haystack of data, Alation helps find the needle
- Apigee aims to unify IoT with APIs
- EPIC appeals to court for FAA drone privacy rules
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Ad Operations ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Ad Operations ManagerQLD
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTMobile Sales managerNSW
- FTCRM Campaign ManagerNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- FTAgency Sales Manager - Software Sales - Major Global Tech Company!NSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCInformation ArchitectNSW
- FTDigital Communications Specialist | Internet Services| BrisbaneNSW
- FTMedia Sales Executive - Client Side!!NSW
- FTMarketing Executive | MusicNSW
- FTDigital Producer - Mobile AppsNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW
- FTDigital Producer - ConsumerNSW
- FTProduct Producer | MobileNSW
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- FTEmail Campaign Manager - leading fashion group!NSW