IBM's year-long partnership with Apple took a new turn on Wednesday with the PC giant's announcement of new cloud services designed to help large companies incorporate Macs into their IT infrastructures.
Apple reported an unusual misstep in the April-to-June quarter, selling fewer iPhones than analysts had been expecting, but it wasn't all bad news from Cupertino.
Michael Dell said Monday that Dell Inc. would begin shipping Windows 10 PCs to customers on July 29, even though Microsoft seems to be saying otherwise.
Worldwide PC shipments in the second quarter of 2015 declined 11.8 percent compared to the same period a year ago, according to a report released by IDC on Thursday.
I got not one, but two very exciting Macs this week. The first was a new main Mac, the replacement for my trusty 2008 MacBook Pro: A tricked-out 5K iMac.
There is a lot to look forward to in Skylake PCs, if mini-PCs from Asus showed on the Computex show floor are an indicator.
Dell's PCs largely use Intel chips, but the company is once again warming to AMD processors for its new Inspiron laptops and desktops.
With Microsoft ready to ship Windows 10 on July 29, PC makers are disclosing their plans to make the OS available to customers in new laptops and desktops or as a free OS upgrade from Windows 7 and 8.1.
Microsoft will start shipping Windows 10 on July 29 for PCs and tablets. The upgrade includes the Cortana digital assistant, a whole host of new apps and the return of the start menu.
Acer CEO Jason Chen wants his company to be the "last PC maker standing," he said last month, and on Friday the company continued to rain blows on its competitors with a flurry of new laptops and desktops running Windows and Chrome.
Global PC shipments will decline for the fourth consecutive year as people continue re-directing money towards smartphones and tablets.
Lenovo's recent acquisitions have taken a bite out of the company's earnings, with its net profit in the first quarter dropping 37 percent despite strong PC sales.
Gamers will be able to overclock and add more horsepower to HP's signature gaming desktop without worrying about invalidating their warranties.
Lenovo is venturing into Chrome OS desktops with its new ThinkCentre Chromebox.
Acer isn't as well known as Apple for product design, but its new Revo One RL85 compact desktop looks dapper -- and with Intel's latest Broadwell chip it also has muscles.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Dick Smith relaunches as online-only business
- Giphy Keys wants to be the default iOS keyboard for GIF lovers
- Report: HTC to finally launch Android Wear smartwatch in June
- Facebook Messenger testing Snapchat-style disappearing messages for iOS
- Disney files patent for near instantaneous 3D printing
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- FTSolution Delivery Manager ( RTTM)NSW
- CCSenior Implementation AnalystNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCData Management & Reporting Development OfficerSA
- FTNetwork ConsultantNSW
- CCInfra Project Manager-Data Center, Cloud, Storage, NetworkNSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerAsia
- CCSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCOperational Team LeadVIC
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- CCMid Range Developer (Senior .NET Developer)QLD
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- CCJava Developer- 12 month contractNSW
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- CCSenior Frontend DeveloperNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160428/AP/143Asia
- CCSenior Project Manager - HealthcareVIC
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- CCMicrosoft Server EngineerWA
- FTDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- FTPMO AnalystNSW