There is a lot to look forward to in Skylake PCs, if mini-PCs from Asus showed on the Computex show floor are an indicator.
Dell's PCs largely use Intel chips, but the company is once again warming to AMD processors for its new Inspiron laptops and desktops.
With Microsoft ready to ship Windows 10 on July 29, PC makers are disclosing their plans to make the OS available to customers in new laptops and desktops or as a free OS upgrade from Windows 7 and 8.1.
Microsoft will start shipping Windows 10 on July 29 for PCs and tablets. The upgrade includes the Cortana digital assistant, a whole host of new apps and the return of the start menu.
Acer CEO Jason Chen wants his company to be the "last PC maker standing," he said last month, and on Friday the company continued to rain blows on its competitors with a flurry of new laptops and desktops running Windows and Chrome.
Global PC shipments will decline for the fourth consecutive year as people continue re-directing money towards smartphones and tablets.
Lenovo's recent acquisitions have taken a bite out of the company's earnings, with its net profit in the first quarter dropping 37 percent despite strong PC sales.
Gamers will be able to overclock and add more horsepower to HP's signature gaming desktop without worrying about invalidating their warranties.
Lenovo is venturing into Chrome OS desktops with its new ThinkCentre Chromebox.
Acer isn't as well known as Apple for product design, but its new Revo One RL85 compact desktop looks dapper -- and with Intel's latest Broadwell chip it also has muscles.
Desktop devices running Chrome OS haven't exactly found much traction, but that hasn't stopped Acer from developing an all-in-one PC built for the Google operating system.
The emerging USB 3.1 standard is set to reach desktops as hardware companies release motherboards with ports that can transfer data two times faster than the previous USB technology.
There's a vampire-slayer stalking the halls at Cebit.
PC shipments are forecast to drop by 4.9 per cent this year, more than the 3.3 per cent fall earlier predicted, according to IDC.
It only took an embarrassing adware scandal that put millions of PCs at risk, but Lenovo has had a revelation: People just want clean Windows.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
- 2 Playing chicken with a Tesla Model S
- 3 Audi TT (2015) review: A smarter take on the sports coupe
- 4 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
- 5 Apple Watch review: saving time
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Nvidia attempts to ease the path to deep learning
- FBI chief warns that terrorists hide behind encrypted communications
- Privacy group files FTC complaint to push Google to extend right to be forgotten to US
- US judge dimisses second conviction of ex-Goldman Sachs coder
- Samsung profit squeezed by Galaxy S6 shortage
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCInternal Communications ExecutiveNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- CCDrupal DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- CCSenior Drupal DeveloperNSW
- CCInternal Communications AdvisorNSW
- FTAccount Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTPR & Corporate Affairs ManagerNSW
- FTMedia and Communications AdvisorACT