Widely accepted projections of a shortage of mobile spectrum may not be as dire as many analysts in the mobile and tech sectors are making it out to be, according to a new study.
The National Association of Broadcasters, asked by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission and some lawmakers to give up television spectrum for mobile data uses, has fired back by accusing several other companies of hoarding the spectrum they hol...
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has voted to open up unused spectrum in the television band to unlicensed wireless broadband devices, a move that will give U.S. residents access to "super Wi-Fi," the agency's chairman said.
A proposal by the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) to require all mobile devices sold in the U.S. to include FM radio chips is meeting growing opposition from IT and mobile trade groups.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- All new Chromebooks will get Android app support
- The Asus Tinker Board is a powerful Raspberry Pi rival that plays 4K video
- Torment: Tides of Numenera preview: This is the bizarre follow-up Planescape deserves
- Moving Steam games to a different folder or hard drive is finally easy
- PC World Test rig 2017
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCProject DirectorVIC
- CCProgram Support OfficerNSW
- CCMicrosoft Systems EngineerVIC
- FTiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTTSM SpecialistNSW
- TPSystem AdministratorQLD
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- FTTechnical Account ManagerACT
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - AIXVIC
- CCData ArchitectNSW
- CCJunior Project ManagerQLD
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- FTBack End DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Manager - Location Management Program - TelcoVIC
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTExecutive Sales ManagerACT
- FTSenior Java Developers (Several positions available)QLD
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCAutomation Test Analyst - Geospatial and Industrial EnterpriseVIC
- TPWeb DeveloperSA
- CCProject Manager - TelcoVIC
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- FTSAP Business Objects ConsultantACT