The Twitter micro-blogging and social networking service was hit with a denial-of-service attack Thursday morning that has rendered the site unavailable for users.
Denial of service
Governments looking to silence critics and stymie opposition have added DDOS (distributed denial of service) attacks to their censoring methods, according to a security expert speaking at the Source Boston Security Showcase.
A scrap between two pornographic Web sites turned nasty when one figured out how to take down the other by exploiting a previously unknown quirk in the Internet's Domain Name System (DNS).
Massive distributed denial-of-service attacks against ISPs and their customers doubled in intensity over the past year, according to a new survey.
Finding ways to limit DoS attacks and SMS spam by making it harder to spoof the origin of electronic communications is on the agenda at a telecommunications standards meeting this week -- but civil rights advocates worry it could put an end to anonym...
Twitter and Facebook were hit today with denial-of-service attacks that can knock a site offline, but don't steal information or cause permanent damage. The question is, why?
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's vision for LinkedIn is about tying its business data into Office and other services
- Facebook's Year in Review for 2016 isn't just fun and games
- AMD's Radeon Software Crimson ReLive debuts with features galore
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPBusiness Analyst - RoboticsNSW
- FTSalesforce Solutions Architect/DeveloperNSW
- TPInfrastructure Project ManagerVIC
- CCSystem EngineerVIC
- CCPerformance Test AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS Software EngineerNSW
- TPIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- CCJava API Developer - MediaVIC
- FTSolution Architect - Application IntegrationQLD
- FTJava Full Stack DeveloerQLD
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterSA
- FTEnterprise ArchitectACT
- TPHRIS Project Delivery ManagerQLD
- CCTraining Manager - SAP HR/ PayrollNSW
- TP.NET Developer (Sitecore)QLD
- FTSAP Finance Consultant (Consolidations)ACT
- CCCloud Automation Engineer. Work Location - CanberraACT
- FTJunior Data Centre Support Technician - Sydney CBDACT
- CCAgile TesterNSW
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - AIXVIC
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)ACT
- CCIT Systems AnalystVIC
- FTSoftware / Web Development ManagerNSW
- CCAd Optimisation ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Security Analyst | 6mth ContractVIC