Four U.S. senators ground the chamber's business to a halt Wednesday in an effort to prevent lawmakers from voting on a bill to extend portions of the Patriot Act used to collect telephone and business records from the country's residents.
A lopsided vote in the U.S. House of Representatives this week to rein in the National Security Agency's domestic telephone records dragnet won muted praise, with many supporters calling on Congress to take stronger action.
Legislation intended to end the U.S. National Security Agency's bulk collection of domestic telephone records is drawing opposition from several unlikely sources, digital and civil rights groups.
Opponents of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission's new net neutrality rules aren't giving up, with a conservative advocacy group saying it has collected more than 540,000 signatures on a petition asking Congress to overturn the agency's action...
The clock is running down on the chance to lobby the US Federal Communications Commission before it votes on putting stronger net neutrality rules in place, and both sides of the battle are making sure their voices are heard.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- Smartwatches wear out their welcome with Motorola
- The mysteries of the GPU in Apple's iPhone 7 are unlocked
- Apple reportedly betting on drones and indoor data to make Maps better
- Apple now takes your old Apple Watch for free recycling
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTInfrastructure and Data Centre Support OfficerACT
- TPDevelopers and TestersACT
- CCSolution Designer and DeveloperNSW
- FTProject Manager - Process Transformation / AutomationNSW
- FTProduct OwnerVIC
- TPSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCSales Support AssociateNSW
- CCTechnical Security LeadVIC
- FTSoftware TestersACT
- CCUI DeveloperACT
- CCDesktop/Laptop Deployment TechnicianVIC
- CCProject ManagerWA
- FTData Integration or Big Data Specialist (Sales) - Permanent - SydneyNSW
- FTProject Coordinator - Junior PM (ERP)WA
- FTUX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedACT
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperQLD
- CCWeb Application SpecialistWA
- FTPaid Search SpecialistNSW
- CCCX Program LeadNSW
- FTSenior Security Advisor - CISSP - Permanent - Nth SydNSW
- FTTechnology Portfolio - Investment AnalystACT
- TPService Desk Analyst - Level 1VIC
- TPBusiness Objects DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Front End Web DeveloperVIC