The Linux-based Ubuntu OS is finding its way into tablets with Dell's latest Inspiron hybrids, which can function as tablets and laptops.
Cheap Android tablets can be hard to differentiate, but Dell wants to ratchet up the quality with its $199 Venue 8 tablet, which has new features like wireless charging and a full high-definition screen.
The Secure Boot security mechanism of the Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) can be bypassed on around half of computers that have the feature enabled in order to install bootkits, according to a security researcher.
Traditionally viewed as a geek's paradise, the Computex trade show will turn into a battlefield for the body next week.
Dell is making a line of PCs using plastics obtained by expanding its recycling program.
Dell is making updates to its Android-based, thumb-size PC called Wyse Cloud Connect -- widely known as Project Ophelia -- as the company moves to make the stick computer suitable for consumers.
Reeling from the Heartbleed security fiasco, major IT vendors including Microsoft, IBM, Intel, Google and Cisco are backing a Linux Foundation initiative designed to boost open source projects considered critical to the industry.
Dell, Toshiba, Acer, Lenovo and ASUS battle it out for supremacy in the market for low-cost tablets pre-installed with Microsoft Office
Enterprise IT vendors are rushing to protect users from the Heartbleed bug, which has been found in some servers and networking gear and could allow attackers to steal critical data -- including passwords and encryption keys -- from the memories of e...
PC sales in Western Europe have risen after 13 consecutive quarters of decline, according to market research company Gartner. The market research company said government spending and the replacement of machines running Windows XP contributed to the g...
The looming threat of running an unsupported OS wasn't enough to save PC shipments from continuing their slide in the first quarter.
Dell's new rugged laptop has a 11.6-inch screen with a twist -- the screen can rotate 180 degrees to turn the device into a tablet.
Dell has added another company to its growing software portfolio with the acquisition of predictive analytics company, StatSoft, for an undisclosed amount.
Dell has admitted that some of its XPS 12 convertible laptops have "burn-in" issues with the display and is offering to replace affected screens for free, even on systems that are out of warranty.
The demand for customized servers is growing as buying trends change, with more companies designing servers in-house instead of buying from well-established vendors such as Hewlett-Packard or Dell.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
- Seagate ST1000LX001 review
- Report: Microsoft could debut Xbox One game streaming stick and 'Xbox TV' at E3
- This sticker can wirelessly charge your smartphone or tablet
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- CCNetwork Consultant - Bandwidth Assessment | 3 month contract into Defence | NV1+ACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior IT Security Specialist-SANS, ISC2, ISACA, ITILNSW
- FTSystems EngineerACT
- CCSoftware Licensing AnalystVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET C#/MS ASP .NET) 160526/AP/263Asia
- CCSenior Oracle Functional ConsultantSA
- CCDelivery Manager - Integration SpaceVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst or Information AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Full-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTTester/Business AnalystWA
- CCIteration Manager/Agile Project ManagerNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- CCData Migration Quality Manager- SAP ECCNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, AdviceNSW
- CCInteractional Designer-Adobe Creative Cloud, SketchNSW
- CCOracle Fusion SOA/BPEL DeveloperVIC
- CCService Desk ConsultantACT
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- FTSenior Business Analysts - Payments or Disaster RecoveryVIC
- CCSecurity Administrative Support OfficerACT
- CCDigital Business Analyst (iOS & Android / Web Projects)NSW