Microsoft leads the way, but has plenty of company on jobs cut front
Want to buy a laptop with bitcoins? Dell is now accepting the digital currency as a form of payment.
Dell's only Chromebook is at least temporarily unavailable for online purchase through the company's website, only seven months after the model started shipping.
Some top hardware companies have established a new Internet of Things consortium to create standards so that billions of devices can connect to each other.
Dell plans to expand its storage lineup with a series of midsized SAN arrays and a portfolio of software-defined storage systems, furthering two prominent industry trends.
The first software updates to improve functionality, including enterprise use, are out from Dell for its thumb-size PC, the Wyse Cloud Connect.
Chinese server vendors are making big gains in their home market, and putting pressure on U.S. rivals Hewlett-Packard and IBM in the "hyperscale" segment, according to research firm IDC. Dell, though, remains the country's number one server vendor.
Hewlett-Packard's attempt to come up with a new architecture for computers is "laughable" and would make trillions of dollars in software investment obsolete, according to a top Dell executive.
Small Chinese tablet makers continue to experiment with dual-boot tablets running Windows or Android, a market that big device makers have shied from.
The Linux-based Ubuntu OS is finding its way into tablets with Dell's latest Inspiron hybrids, which can function as tablets and laptops.
Cheap Android tablets can be hard to differentiate, but Dell wants to ratchet up the quality with its $199 Venue 8 tablet, which has new features like wireless charging and a full high-definition screen.
The Secure Boot security mechanism of the Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) can be bypassed on around half of computers that have the feature enabled in order to install bootkits, according to a security researcher.
Traditionally viewed as a geek's paradise, the Computex trade show will turn into a battlefield for the body next week.
Dell is making a line of PCs using plastics obtained by expanding its recycling program.
Dell is making updates to its Android-based, thumb-size PC called Wyse Cloud Connect -- widely known as Project Ophelia -- as the company moves to make the stick computer suitable for consumers.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- FTSenior Business ConsultantNSW
- FTManager, Portfolio GovernanceNSW
- FTSecurity ArchitectWA
- CCSenior Product Specialist - Cisco CPENSW
- CCBusiness Project Manager - Transformation ProgramNSW
- CCOpen_5pm 5th February_Program ArchitectACT
- CCSharePoint AdministratorACT
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCHigh Level Network Engineer (Communications)WA
- CCProject Manager - Customer Engagement / NPSVIC
- CCSAP Test ManagerSA
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- FTTechnical Lead (Java)NSW
- CCJava Developer - Front/ Back EndVIC
- CCSAP ABAP ProgrammersACT
- CCFront End Developer - MelbourneVIC
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCTibco DeveloperNSW
- CCObjective ECMS Technical ConsultantSA
- CCSQL DeveloperVIC
- CCDesktop Applications PackagerSA