Intel calls Dell's new Venue 8 7000 the world's thinnest tablet, and there's a lot to like about its paper-thin design and its 3D-sensing camera that is for more than just selfies.
Chasing data-center trends, top server makers have made storage and memory capacity a priority in their new servers.
Wireless charging will reach PCs next year, and laptops will be able to recharge when placed on tables, pads or surfaces supporting power delivery, according to an Intel executive
Dell will ship its first desktops with Google's Chrome operating system this month.
It's been a long wait for mainstream PCs that use Intel Core processors based on the Broadwell architecture, but Dell has listed laptops that could ship with the unreleased chips early next year.
Dell is packing new technologies like Intel's Core M chip in its Latitude 13 7000 tablet/laptop hybrid, which the company believes is a better laptop replacement than other products like Microsoft's Surface Pro 3.
Server sales have picked up after a long slow spell and are likely to stay buoyant well into 2015 and beyond, according to IDC.
Dell for the first time is using an Intel processor in its Wyse thin clients, which are used as alternatives to enterprise PCs.
Alienware is moving into the living room with the announcement of its compact Alpha PC.
Microsoft is helping hardware makers build low-priced Windows PCs to combat Chromebooks and the early results of that effort are hitting the market.
Dell is organizing the backup software products that it has acquired in the past two years into a coherent portfolio, bundling three of its storage software products into a single package to simplify licensing for the enterprise.
Expectations for the success of ARM servers are diminishing as processors and product releases get delayed, a top Dell executive said.
Server sales could spike with the expiration of extended support for Microsoft's Windows Server 2003 OS in July next year, a Dell executive said.
Microsoft leads the way, but has plenty of company on jobs cut front
Want to buy a laptop with bitcoins? Dell is now accepting the digital currency as a form of payment.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- Civilization VI review: Learning from some (but not all) of history's mistakes
- Dyn attack: US Senator wants to know why IoT security is so anemic
- Apple's Q4 2016 results: Better than expected with 45.5 million iPhones sold, but revenue continues to slide
- DDoS attack shows dangers of IoT 'running rampant'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCWeb Programmer - Sydney - GovernmentNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (PC LAN Support) 161028/JP/203Asia
- CCTest Analyst - Mid/Junior levelVIC
- CCSolutions Architect (Big Data Concepts / Fraud) - Finance - Contract - SydneyCBDNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Manufacturing ConsultantVIC
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantACT
- FTBusiness Analyst - PIMAsia
- TPHelpdesk/Level 1 SupportQLD
- CCWeb Analytics AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Manager, Digital Analytics and Customer InsightsNSW
- FTNetwork & Gateway EngineerACT
- FT.NET DEVELOPER | MID LEVEL | MEDIA INDUSTRYNSW
- CCSenior Pega DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical Support OfficerWA
- CCFull Stack Java DevelopersNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCITSM Process AnalystNSW
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerSA
- CCSenior Business Analyst - experience in IDAM a MUSTNSW
- CCSalesforce CRM ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Siebel Business AnalystACT
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Finance - Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTAX Functional ConsultantNSW