Over the last year, Dell acquired clustered storage vendor Exanet, data compression vendor Ocarina and SAN vendor Compellent .
Dell on Thursday started shipping new Inspiron and Vostro laptops powered by Intel's latest Sandy Bridge processors with prices starting at US$499.
Although the x86 architecture is as dominant as ever in the server and desktop space, there's a small number of people rooting for ARM chips to move in on the territory.
Sales of Apple's iPad battered Acer's netbooks and notebooks sales so badly that Dell was able to regain its second-place position in the global PC market.
Fusion-io, a maker of NAND flash memory cards that enhance the performance of data center servers, announced Tuesday that it plans an initial public offering it hopes can raise $150 million.
Dell is experimenting with chips based on ARM processors in its servers, but the architecture faces software issues that could stop it from being a viable alternative to x86 in the short term, a company executive said on Wednesday.
Dell has just announced that it will be offering new 2nd Generation Core (formerly codenamed Sandy Bridge) laptops in six weeks. The technology will make use of the Series 6 chipset, and it will be featured in many of the company's most popular lines...
Dell will release an ultrathin laptop with Intel's latest Sandy Bridge chips in the next few weeks, the company said Monday.
Apple unveiled a completely refreshed line of MacBook Pro laptops this week. The new MacBook Pros have a variety of improvements over their predecessors, and some unique features only available from Apple. But, as with all things Apple you will pay a...
Web surfers tired of waiting for the official release of hardware featuring Google's Chrome OS now have a browser-based alternative right at their fingertips: Splashtop Linux 1.0, a downloadable instant-on operating system tailored to life in the clo...
Not only are consumer IT products finding their way into the enterprise, they're also finding their way back into Cebit, one of the world's biggest professional IT shows, which opens in Hanover, Germany, next week.
Apple Computer stands to lose its No. 1 rank in mobile PC sales this year as Hewlett-Packard and even Motorola eat into its market share, research firm DisplaySearch said late Tuesday.
Lenovo and Sony on Tuesday announced faster laptops based on Intel's new Sandy Bridge processors, which the PC makers said could offer longer battery life than models based on Intel's older chips.
Acer, the No. 4 PC maker in the U.S., has released a line of servers and storage products for this market.
Corporate IT departments are increasing their spending on hardware and cloud services, but not on new hiring in this weak economy.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Ford Focus ST (2015) review: Absolutely mental styling, engine, handling
- 2 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
- 3 Playing chicken with a Tesla Model S
- 4 Audi TT (2015) review: A smarter take on the sports coupe
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft bests Google in patent case appeal
- Yahoo picks up fashion commerce site Polyvore
- Mt. Gox CEO Karpeles arrested by Japanese police
- Facebook says Flash security woes could hurt its business
- IBM fattens patent portfolio in cloud tech
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW