Guns produced with 3D printers pose a public safety risk that's beyond the ability of regulators to control it, a U.S. Department of Homeland Security bulletin to law enforcement agencies warned this week.
Kim Dotcom has ordered the removal from his Mega file-storage service design plans for a controversial one-bullet plastic gun.
3D printing has been attracting more attention in recent months as a tool to create gadgets, toys and miniature works of art. Now President Barack Obama thinks it can also play a role in strengthening the military and America's sagging manufacturing ...
Proposed legislation in California aims to ban guns made using 3-D printing, after an organization Defense Distributed fired a handgun made with the technology, and said it would distribute its drawings online.
Defense Distributed, the pro-gun nonprofit working to make 3D-printable gun designs freely available to everyone on the Internet, recently inched one step closer toward achieving that goal. The Austin, Texas-based group last week was granted a federa...
3D printing's capabilities in art, sculpture and toys have generated considerable buzz at South by Southwest Interactive over the past few days. But one Austin, Texas-based group has a more controversial application in mind: guns.
Latest News Articles
- On snooping disclosures, AT&T and Internet companies are like night and day
- Yahoo buys concert live-streaming startup Evntlive
- Wall Street Beat: Tech stocks hit 13-year high
- DARPA makes finding software vulnerabilities fun
- Mobile chip speed wars have to end, Broadcom chairman says
Most Popular Articles
- 1 How to update your Samsung Galaxy S4 to Android 4.3 Google Edition
- 2 Tethering tutorial: How to use your iPhone as a modem
- 3 Capacitive vs resistive touchscreens
- 4 Aldi's new budget 8in Android tablet has 3G, makes phone calls
- 5 Samsung targets Galaxy of kids with latest tablet
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Best Deals on PCWorld
- Networking, Wireless & VoIPView all »
- NotebooksView all »
- TabletsView all »
- Mobile PhonesView all »
- Printers & ScannersView all »