While the U.S. Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency may get more money in 2015 to study sensors and robots for use in warfare, the hot area of cognitive computing research could lose out.
Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency
The U.S. Defense Department may have found a new way to scan millions of lines of software code for vulnerabilities, namely by turning the practice into a set of video games and puzzles and have volunteers do the work.
As the trend famously codified by Intel co-founder Gordon Moore -- that the number of transistors on an integrated circuit would double every two years -- seems to be flagging, one top engineer suggests that it is time to rethink chip design to buy p...
DARPA (the U.S. Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency) has awarded $3 million to software provider Continuum Analytics to help fund the development of Python's data processing and visualization capabilities for big data jobs.
Take a drive on Highway 101 between Silicon Valley and San Francisco these days and you might see one of Google's driverless cars in the lane next to you. The vehicles are one of the most visible signs of the increasing amount of research going on in...
Latest News Articles
- Yahoo acquires video streaming startup RayV
- New Relic's analysis service goes live
- Hardware hackathon hopes for new ideas on 3D printers, robots
- Wall Street Beat: Tech sales news mixed ahead of earnings
- Microsoft acquires InMage to boost Azure Site Recovery
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Buying guide: Ovens, cooktops and freestanding cookers (upright ranges)
- 2 The most disturbing YouTube videos of all time
- 3 Tethering tutorial: How to use your iPhone as a modem
- 4 How to connect your iPhone to your TV
- 5 Aldi's new budget Android smartphone isn't very good value
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
- Notebooks View all »
- Tablets View all »
- Mobile Phones View all »
- TVs View all »
- Digital Cameras View all »