Finding GPS unreliable in certain situations, the U.S. government is placing a high priority on developing a more reliable real-time position tracking technology whose signals won't disappear in blind spots and can't be jammed.
Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency
Those fearing the rise of an all-powerful artificial intelligence like Skynet, take note: Robots are now learning by watching YouTube.
The U.S. military has upgraded its humanoid rescue robot, but the improvements highlight how far the machine has to go in order be useful in disaster zones.
A seemingly constant stream of data breaches and this week's news that Russian hackers have amassed a database of 1.2 billion Internet credentials has many people asking: Isn't it time we dumped the user name and password?
While the U.S. Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency may get more money in 2015 to study sensors and robots for use in warfare, the hot area of cognitive computing research could lose out.
Take a drive on Highway 101 between Silicon Valley and San Francisco these days and you might see one of Google's driverless cars in the lane next to you. The vehicles are one of the most visible signs of the increasing amount of research going on in...
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® Portable SSD
Acer Swift 7
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Google Daydream VR headset
Huawei Mate 9
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Surface Pro 4
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Hisense displays successors to amazing Series 7 ULED - Series 8 and 9
- Elgato's Stream Deck is a programmable LCD control center that makes game streaming easy
- Facebook starts warning U.S. users when they're sharing fake news
- Why I'm addicted to Mass Effect: Andromeda's gorgeous, secret Nvidia super-screenshots
- Corsair One review: Small, fast, and surprisingly quiet
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- LG 2017 OLED and Super LED UHD 4K TVs: Hands-on review
- Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- CCDomino SpecialistVIC
- FTDatabase DeveloperSA
- TPAutomation TesterQLD
- CCProcess Improvement Specialist - TelcoVIC
- CCSenior System AdministratorVIC
- TPBusiness Project Manager - DigitalNSW
- CCUX DesignerVIC
- TPProgram ArchitectQLD
- FTFunctional Consultant - CommercialsQLD
- CCAgile Project ManagerNSW
- FTIT Project Manager. Ciritical permanent roleNSW
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistACT
- FTTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- TPSoftware EngineerWA
- FTJunior DevOps Developer - TelcoVIC
- FTRACF Mainframe Security Analysts / Engineers - Multiple Roles - SydneyNSW
- CCMEAN Stack Developer - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Security) - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCICT ManagerNSW
- CCProcess Assurance LeadNSW
- CCSenior Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTApplication Support LeadQLD
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystACT
- CCSharePoint Developer - Multiple Roles - 3-6 Mth Contract Initially - SydneyNSW