Opponents of a U.S. Senate bill intended to encourage businesses to share information about cyberthreats may have stalled a vote on the legislation.
The U.S. Congress should take a hands-off approach toward the burgeoning Internet of Things industry and let vendors figure out how to deal with privacy and security issues, representatives of four trade groups said.
The U.S. fight against cybercrime would be more effective if companies put more trust in the country's law enforcement agencies, a top U.S. Department of Justice official said.
The U.S. Congress needs to help restore global trust in the nation's technology vendors by reining in surveillance programs at the National Security Agency, an industry representative told lawmakers Tuesday.
U.S. President Barack Obama's proposed changes to the National Security Agency's surveillance programs don't go far enough, some technology and digital rights groups said, while others hailed it as a good first step.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
- Seagate ST1000LX001 review
- Report: Microsoft could debut Xbox One game streaming stick and 'Xbox TV' at E3
- This sticker can wirelessly charge your smartphone or tablet
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Contributions TaxNSW
- CCRevalidations OfficerACT
- FTSenior Systems EngineerACT
- CCDigital Project ManagerVIC
- FTSecurity Software EngineerACT
- CCSenior Automation & Performance EngineerVIC
- CCSkilled Sitecore / .NET DeveloperNSW
- CCChange Manager- Success Factors/HCMNSW
- CCChange Manager - SAP FinanceNSW
- CCDeemed Order Business SpecialistVIC
- FTTester/Business AnalystWA
- CCTechnical Business Analyst, SuperannuationNSW
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- CCNV1 Consultant | Groundbreaking Defence decision support applicationACT
- CCNetwork Consultant - Bandwidth Assessment | 3 month contract into Defence | NV1+ACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/Orcale/MySQL) 160531/SA/253Asia
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- CCTechnical Specialist - IP Network Design - Juniper MXNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/.Net) 160523/AP/254Asia
- CCMessaging Engineer - BAU SupportNSW
- CCTechnology Team Lead / Senior Developer - JavaNSW
- FTSoftware DeveloperSA
- CCTechnology Lead / Senior Developer - Java (Urgent)NSW
- CCAccess Control Administration / Help desk OperatorACT
- CCSenior Portfolio Analyst - Risk and MetricsNSW