OCZ Technology has started offering to beta testers is ZD-XL SQL Accelerator, a card that uses solid state drive (SSD) storage to improve the performance of SQL Server databases.
In an effort to combine the best of two database technologies, startup FoundationDB has launched a new data store that it claims can offer the reliability of transactional databases and the scalability and speed of NoSQL.
Oracle has rolled out version X3-2 of its Database Appliance for small and medium-sized businesses that it says delivers up to twice the speed and more than four times as much storage as the first edition, which was launched in 2011.
Hortonworks is bringing the popular open-source Apache Hadoop data processing platform to Microsoft shops.
SAP is hoping to nail a slam dunk for its HANA in-memory platform through a partnership with the National Basketball Association on a new HANA-powered statistics website.
Oracle database users can now create snapshots and clones of the company's databases on a Sun ZFS Storage Appliance in one step, which should simplify both storage management and internal development in enterprises.
Users of Amazon Web Services' Relational Database Service (RDS) can now keep track of their databases with new notifications via email and SMS.
With MySQL 5.6, released Tuesday, Oracle has updated the open-source database to make it more competitive with NoSQL data stores such as MariaDB or Cassandra.
The general availability of Oracle's long-awaited, next-generation 12c database will likely occur within weeks or possibly even days, the IDG News Service has learned.
Java EE (Enterprise Edition) programmers will have to wait a bit longer before they can use JCache, a long-desired standard caching API (application programming interface) for the language, as its development has missed "critical deadlines" and will ...
Salesforce.com is "aggressively investigating" a database software error that led to temporary performance problems in part of its infrastructure.
Responding to a growing user base of online service providers, VoltDB has outfitted its namesake in-memory database management system with additional tools to communicate with other technologies usually found in a Web applications stack.
Startup NuoDB is hoping to position itself as having the ideal database for the post-cloud world, now that its Cloud Data Management System is generally available.
Oracle is preparing to ship 86 patches covering security vulnerabilities in a wide span of its products, with 18 of the fixes aimed at the MySQL database alone.
SAP's flagship Business Suite ERP (enterprise resource planning) software is now able to run on top of the vendor's HANA in-memory database, in a move that stands to open new frontiers of competition with the likes of Oracle, IBM and Microsoft.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's upgraded Beam game-streaming service goes live, taking on Twitch and YouTube
- How to watch Donald Trump's presidential inauguration live online for free
- Microsoft's latest Windows 10 ad annoys Chrome users with taskbar pop-ups
- GeForce Now vs. GeForce Now: Nvidia's Shield and PC streaming services are wildly different
- Microsoft kills Cache, its note-taking experiment with Evernote-Google Keep aspirations
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCSecurity AnalystACT
- CCICT Strategy ConsultantNSW
- CCTest Capability LeadNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkQLD
- FTTechnology Testing Co-ordinatorVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTTSM SpecialistNSW
- CCData Modeller and Business Analyst - Integration ProjectQLD
- CCBusiness and Change Deployment LeadVIC
- CCApplication Programmer - Software - Geospatial and Industrial EnterpriseVIC
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Travel and Expense Management SystemQLD
- FTSecurity Incident / SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- CCeLearning Support Officer - Moodle/Google appsACT
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantQLD
- PTVBA Analyst Programmer - Permanent / Part Time (3 days per week)QLD
- FTIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- TPSharePoint DeveloperVIC
- TPTechnical Solutions Architect-Dynamics CRMVIC
- CCVMWare Automation ArchitectACT
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- TPPMO SchedulerNSW
- FTSAP BW ConsultantACT