OCZ Technology has started offering to beta testers is ZD-XL SQL Accelerator, a card that uses solid state drive (SSD) storage to improve the performance of SQL Server databases.
In an effort to combine the best of two database technologies, startup FoundationDB has launched a new data store that it claims can offer the reliability of transactional databases and the scalability and speed of NoSQL.
Oracle has rolled out version X3-2 of its Database Appliance for small and medium-sized businesses that it says delivers up to twice the speed and more than four times as much storage as the first edition, which was launched in 2011.
Hortonworks is bringing the popular open-source Apache Hadoop data processing platform to Microsoft shops.
SAP is hoping to nail a slam dunk for its HANA in-memory platform through a partnership with the National Basketball Association on a new HANA-powered statistics website.
Oracle database users can now create snapshots and clones of the company's databases on a Sun ZFS Storage Appliance in one step, which should simplify both storage management and internal development in enterprises.
Users of Amazon Web Services' Relational Database Service (RDS) can now keep track of their databases with new notifications via email and SMS.
With MySQL 5.6, released Tuesday, Oracle has updated the open-source database to make it more competitive with NoSQL data stores such as MariaDB or Cassandra.
The general availability of Oracle's long-awaited, next-generation 12c database will likely occur within weeks or possibly even days, the IDG News Service has learned.
Java EE (Enterprise Edition) programmers will have to wait a bit longer before they can use JCache, a long-desired standard caching API (application programming interface) for the language, as its development has missed "critical deadlines" and will ...
Salesforce.com is "aggressively investigating" a database software error that led to temporary performance problems in part of its infrastructure.
Responding to a growing user base of online service providers, VoltDB has outfitted its namesake in-memory database management system with additional tools to communicate with other technologies usually found in a Web applications stack.
Startup NuoDB is hoping to position itself as having the ideal database for the post-cloud world, now that its Cloud Data Management System is generally available.
Oracle is preparing to ship 86 patches covering security vulnerabilities in a wide span of its products, with 18 of the fixes aimed at the MySQL database alone.
SAP's flagship Business Suite ERP (enterprise resource planning) software is now able to run on top of the vendor's HANA in-memory database, in a move that stands to open new frontiers of competition with the likes of Oracle, IBM and Microsoft.
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® Portable SSD
Huawei Mate 9
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Acer Swift 7
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Google Daydream VR headset
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- This Asus ROG gaming laptop just dropped to $1,500 on Newegg
- Razer's Power Bank boosts your laptop battery while charging two smartphones
- Sony reveals the 'world's fastest' SD card
- Mass Effect: Andromeda hands-on preview: A new space opera built on old ideas
- 15 First Impressions of Mass Effect: Andromeda
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCProject Support OfficerNSW
- TPSenior Business Project ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Support RepresentativeNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectVIC
- CCPerformance Test AnalystQLD
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperNSW
- CCProgram ManagerVIC
- FTData AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- TPSystem AdministratorVIC
- TPBusiness Intelligence Program ManagerVIC
- CCMDM Consultant/DesignerVIC
- CCContract - System Access Administrator - major Telco in MelbourneVIC
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Sales & Marketing Modules)ACT
- CCDevops Consultant - 12 month contractVIC
- CCCommercial Contract AdministratorNSW
- TPAnalyst Workplace SupportVIC
- CCAgile CoachNSW
- TPTechnical ConsultantNSW
- TPDesktop Support OfficerQLD
- CCUnix Systems AdministratorNSW
- TPBI Commercial AnalystVIC
- CCUnix AdministratorNSW
- CCData Migration Consultant - LeadNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW