Percona continues to nip at Oracle's heels, releasing a free version of the open-source MySQL 5.6 database with advanced features similar to ones in Oracle's paid enterprise edition.
Enterprises have another option for accessing SAP's in-memory database technology: Deutsche Telekom subsidiary T-Systems has been approved to offer HANA Enterprise Cloud.
He may have angered his customers in the process, but Larry Ellison's Oracle Team USA completed a stunning comeback on Wednesday to snatch the America's Cup sailing trophy from New Zealand in the last race of the competition.
Oracle is offering a series of new services that position it as a one-stop shop for all things cloud and directly target the likes of Amazon Web Services and Salesforce.com.
While SAP has made no secret of its desire to lure customers running Oracle databases over to its own HANA in-memory platform, any doubt that Oracle would fight back has been erased.
Oracle has hyped its new 12c database as faster and more powerful than ones that have come before, and now it's highlighting the release's ability to easily serve up multiple databases of varying size and scope according to a particular user's needs.
Oracle CEO Larry Ellison has thrown his gauntlet down in the burgeoning market for in-memory computing, announcing a new option for Oracle's flagship database at the OpenWorld conference in San Francisco.
Few tech buzzwords of late have been more prevalent than "big data," and SAP is hoping to make sure the market knows it's hip to the trend with a series of new announcements.
For this year's annual update to PostgreSQL, the developers behind the open source database have added several new ways to communicate with other databases and data storage systems.
The Apache Cassandra NoSQL distributed data store continues to accumulate features that mimic traditional databases, with the newly released version 2 of the open source software offering triggers, lightweight transactions and an updated query langua...
Oracle's database and high-performance workloads will run faster with the company's latest SPARC M6 chip, which has been tuned specially for the company's applications.
Oracle CEO Larry Ellison typically uses his annual OpenWorld conference keynotes to deliver the company's biggest announcements and strategic positioning, and this year they will apparently involve an in-memory database and Oracle's PaaS (platform as...
Many companies have begun using specialized software to analyze what people are saying about their products and services on social media, and now SAP says it can help them match up individuals' social profiles with customer history data from CRM (cus...
Oracle has revamped the user interface for its MySQL Workbench administration software, streamlining a number of routine operations and adding some new time-saving features as well.
People interested in learning about in-memory database technology will be able to so later thing month under the virtual tutelage of SAP chairman and co-founder Hasso Plattner.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 3 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 4 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- 5 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple Maps tunnel navigation can be dangerous
- Akitio Thunder3 PCIe SSD review: Blazingly fast external storage for rich kids
- Xbox One S controller review: New features and custom colors make for a great successor
- Why you want Google's Allo
- This week in games: Blizzard ditches Battle.net, Gears of War 4 adds PC split-screen
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCWAN Architect and ConsultantWA
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC