Adjusting to changes in corporate hardware buying habits, the Apache Software Foundation's Cassandra NoSQL distributed database has been updated to better use larger servers through the introduction of virtual nodes and configurable policies for disk...
Eyeing greater use of the open source Postgres database in the cloud, hosting provider Open Hosting has launched a service that allows users to run an automated cluster of PostGres databases on the company's own servers.
YouTube engineers are developing a set of software, called Vitess, that will help open-source MySQL databases work more efficiently in very large-scale production environments. To write the code, they are using Google's programming language Go.
Oracle is simplifying its security offerings by combining a pair of existing tools into a single package.
Some of SAP's software products are now certified for use with Oracle's Database Appliance, which is essentially a streamlined version of its Exadata machine aimed at small and medium-size businesses.
As supercomputers grow more powerful, they'll also grow more vulnerable to failure, thanks to the increased amount of built-in componentry. A few researchers at the recent SC12 conference, held last week in Salt Lake City, offered possible solutions ...
The Top500 is no longer the only ranking game in town: make way for the Graph 500, which tracks how well supercomputers handle big-data-styled workloads.
Some 20 startups have inked commercial deals with SAP that will see them run production applications with the HANA in-memory database on Amazon Web Services, SAP announced Thursday during the Tech Ed and Sapphire conferences in Madrid.
SAP has developed an update for its HANA in-memory database that will enable it to "power mission-critical transactional and analytical applications in one platform," the vendor announced Wednesday during the Tech Ed and Sapphire conferences in Madri...
With the commercial release of version 5 of its self-named reporting and analysis suite, Jaspersoft has revamped the software's visualization engine, doing away with an Adobe Flash-based visualization engine in favor of one using HTML5 Web standards.
SAP is tying the HANA in-memory database to its CRM (customer relationship management) software and other applications, creating a package that will "allow organizations to revolutionize the way they engage with their customers," the company announce...
Google's Cloud SQL database has gained more storage, faster reads and writes, and now offers users the choice of running their instances in data centers based in either the U.S. or Europe.
Facebook has beaten some of the limitations of the Apache Hadoop data processing platform, its engineers assert.
In a move to speed online transaction processing (OLTP), Microsoft is adding in-memory capabilities into its SQL Server relational database management system.
Sybase CEO John Chen is leaving SAP, roughly two-and-a-half years after SAP acquired the company for its database and mobility technologies, SAP announced Tuesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Review: Wireless charging and waterproof cases for iPhone plus Ollclip (Movie) Studio case
- Review: Incipio OtterBox and 3Sixt covers for the Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge
- All coverage from Computex 2016
- Agents of Mayhem hands-on: Saints Row meets SHIELD
- Top 10 emerging technologies from the World Economic Forum
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCIT Helpdesk Support- Remedy ticketing systemNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer - C# FocusNSW
- CCSalesforce DeveloperVIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTJunior Web DeveloperSA
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCIT Finance Systems Process AnalystNSW
- FTContract System SpecialistAsia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/SQL/PHP) 160628/AP/113Asia
- CCSenior Systems AnalystACT
- CCLead Communications ConsultantWA
- CCLevel 1 Helpdesk SupportNSW
- FTProject Manager - Insurance experience neededNSW
- CCChange Manager, Digital ProgramNSW
- CCJava Developer with Oracle database experience | Defence intelligence | NV1ACT
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW
- CCIT Change Manager - Western SydneyNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- FTInformation Security ConsultantACT
- FTTechnical COE SpecialistACT
- CCSharePoint AdministratorNSW