1. Rumors of its demise have been greatly exaggerated. Open-source advocates feared that Oracle, which gained ownership of the open-source MySQL database through its acquisition of Sun Microsystems, would choke off its development in order to protect...
Frequent rivals Oracle and SAP are behaving more like "frenemies" when it comes to Oracle's Exadata database machine, high-profile mudslinging notwithstanding.
SAP has announced it will buy mobile and database vendor Sybase for roughly $5.8 billion.
The creator of MySQL has launched a Web-based campaign to "save" the open-source database from the "clutches" of Oracle, which is attempting to purchase its current owner, Sun Microsystems.
Database hacking has gone mainstream and is becoming harder to detect because of the increasingly sophisticated anti-forensic procedures hackers use to cover their tracks.
If you are part of a business, sooner or later you want to be able to collaborate on a database with a colleague or customer. In the past, the easiest way to share a small database was to create a spreadsheet and email it to your collaborators. While...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Linksys AC600 MU-MIMO WiFi review
- Hardcore Hardware: The CyberPower Pro Streaming I300 is made for Twitch stardom
- Only Apple Music subscribers will get to watch Apple's live music fest this year
- Here's how the Xbox One S stacks up to the original
- WiFi review: Does MU-MIMO currently make a difference?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDB2 Database AdministratorVIC
- CCAsset Transfer Specialist | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCSenior Project Specialist - Network IPVIC
- FTTM1 Solution DesignerNSW
- CCImplementation and Deployment ManagerNSW
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- CCChange Manager/ Advisor- operational environmentNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence Business AnalystSA
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Cognos/JAVA/J2EE) 160831/SA/122Asia
- CCSalesforce CRM ManagerNSW
- CCWindows EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- CCService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCPMO Project AdministratorNSW
- FTUnix Systems AdministratorNSW
- CCSolution Designer - Windows UpgradeNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTIT Security & Risk ManagerNSW
- FTPython Data EngineerWA
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC
- FTOrchestration Engineer - DevOps - PuppetVIC
- CCDevOps Engineer - Php, LAMP, XML, scripting, JavaNSW
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- CCAutomation ManagerNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Data MigrationVIC