1. Rumors of its demise have been greatly exaggerated. Open-source advocates feared that Oracle, which gained ownership of the open-source MySQL database through its acquisition of Sun Microsystems, would choke off its development in order to protect...
Frequent rivals Oracle and SAP are behaving more like "frenemies" when it comes to Oracle's Exadata database machine, high-profile mudslinging notwithstanding.
SAP has announced it will buy mobile and database vendor Sybase for roughly $5.8 billion.
The creator of MySQL has launched a Web-based campaign to "save" the open-source database from the "clutches" of Oracle, which is attempting to purchase its current owner, Sun Microsystems.
Database hacking has gone mainstream and is becoming harder to detect because of the increasingly sophisticated anti-forensic procedures hackers use to cover their tracks.
If you are part of a business, sooner or later you want to be able to collaborate on a database with a colleague or customer. In the past, the easiest way to share a small database was to create a spreadsheet and email it to your collaborators. While...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's vision for LinkedIn is about tying its business data into Office and other services
- Facebook's Year in Review for 2016 isn't just fun and games
- AMD's Radeon Software Crimson ReLive debuts with features galore
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCProcess Business Analyst X 3VIC
- CCSystems AdministratorQLD
- FTManager - Superannuation ConsultingNSW
- FTProject Manager - Cyber SecurityNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTDesktop Deployment EngineerWA
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTEnd Point Security AdministratorACT
- TPSAP FICO Functional AnalystQLD
- CCSenior PMO Coordinator, FinanceNSW
- CCTeam Lead / Senior Software Engineer - C/C++ / Web ServicesNSW
- CCJava API DeveloperTAS
- CCData Surveyor, Data Analyst, Electrical backgroundACT
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerSA
- CCSuperannuation Research ConsultantACT
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTProject Manager - ProcurementSA
- FTPrincipal Product Manager | Cloud | Managed ServicesNSW
- FTLicensing SpecialistVIC
- CCSoftware DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - BI, DataNSW
- FTFinancial AnalystNSW
- TPSenior System Engineer - WintelVIC