Seagate announced that it has sold more than 1 million drives using a new recording technology that will offer consumers 5TB hard drives next year and possibly 20TB drives by 2020.
With the new Remote Wipe feature, both business and individual users can remove all of their synced files from a PC or Mac in the event of a loss or theft.
Lenovo will enter the cloud storage market with a service that offers a single sign-on ID to access social networks, favorite applications, as well as a file manager with a search engine to help users find files, photos and other digital media.
Google's Drive cloud storage service has been retooled for Android users and is now capable of capturing a document by converting a photo of it to text.<
Microsoft has confirmed what many had suspected, that it didn't offer a 16GB Surface RT tablet because there would have been virtually no room for customer content on the device.
Apple announced it will be including hybrid drive technology in its new iMac and Mac mini desktops, which will offer flash-like performance with up to 3TB of hard drive capacity.
University of Southern California researchers have put a number on how much information humans can store, communicate and compute: 295 exabytes, give or a take a zettabyte.
Yahoo released on Wednesday an extension to its YQL platform for simplifying how Web applications consume data.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Nokia Lumia 830 review: Punching above its weight
- 2 BlackBerry Passport review: A smartphone going nowhere
- 3 Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A flagship at 4.6-inches
- 4 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 5 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Panasonic tries tablet service for assisted living homes
- What Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg said in Mandarin that so impressed the Chinese
- Motorola Moto 360: On sale 31 October for $329
- Microsoft to discontinue free Xbox Music streaming
- Vietnam police hunt hackers behind mass outage
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | Sales ManagerNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTSales Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- CCConsumer Product Marketing ManagerNSW