A banking trojan, known for its small size but powerful capabilities, has expanded the number of financial institutions it can collect data from, according to security vendor Avast.
Google fielded 19 percent more requests from the U.S. government for data on its users in the first half of this year compared to the second half of last year, the company said Monday.
What should happen to your personal digital communications -- emails, chats, photos and the like -- after you die? Should they be treated like physical letters for the purposes of a will?
Many mobile apps request too many permissions and don't explain how they collect users' personal information, a study of 1,211 popular apps by the Global Privacy Enforcement Network has found.
Developers of the popular Enigmail email security extension for Thunderbird have fixed several issues that could have exposed messages users believed to be encrypted.
Salesforce.com users are being targeted by a new version of a computer Trojan that has typically attacked online banking customers until now.
Professional networking site LinkedIn is rolling out new features that allow users to easily manage authenticated sessions across multiple devices and better understand what caused security-related changes on their accounts.
Home Depot said Tuesday it was investigating a possible breach of its systems holding customer payment information tied to credit and debit cards.
A targeted attack focused on user names, passwords and security questions of Apple accounts gave hackers access to nude photos of celebrities that were then leaked over the weekend on the Internet, the company said Tuesday.
While conducting a penetration test of a major Canadian retailer, Rob VandenBrink bought something from the store. He later found his own credit card number buried in its systems, a major worry.
A file-encrypting ransomware program called CryptoWall infected over 600,000 computer systems in the past six months and held 5 billion files hostage, earning its creators more than US$1 million, researchers found.
Email addresses and encrypted passwords of around 97,000 users who tested early builds of the Bugzilla bug tracking software were left exposed for three months following a server migration.
A payment card industry security consortium warned retailers on Wednesday of the urgency to secure their systems against "Backoff," a malicious software program that steals card numbers.
U.S government agencies will work to release cyberthreat information faster to the health-care industry after a massive breach at hospital operator Community Health Systems, representatives of two agencies said.
A senior U.S. senator is asking airlines about their data privacy practices, saying he's concerned about what information the companies are collecting and sharing with third parties.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- nbn on track to meet its financial year plan: Bill Morrow
- Roving Rachel's best crowd-funded travel products that are online right now
- Foxtel, Village and ISPs yet to agree on the cost of blocking pirate sites
- Why Microsoft won't extend the Windows 10 free upgrade offer
- Samsung's Raspberry Pi-like Artik 10 priced higher at $149.99
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Front End / UI Developer (React.js / LESS / SASS)NSW
- CCSenior AGILE Business AnalystNSW
- CCSCCM - SCOM - AD Systems EngineerNSW
- FTPHP/MySQL DeveloperVIC
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- CCSr. Iteration ManagerVIC
- FTSolution Delivery Manager ( RTTM)NSW
- FT.Net Junior DeveloperNSW
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- CCData Management & Reporting Development OfficerSA
- CCIT Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.Net/Crystal Report) 160504/AP/vtdAsia
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Lotus Notes/Networking) 160504/AP/781Asia
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCInteraction & Visual - Web DesignerNSW
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW
- CCAzure DeveloperNSW
- CCMEAN Stack DeveloperVIC
- CCProject Coordinator (urgent) - Digital - Blue chip companyNSW
- CCEnterprise Architect (Security)NSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCSystems TrainerVIC
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, Loyalty projectsNSW