Government officials in the US and the UK are warning people to secure their webcams after websites that broadcast the contents of those cameras have sprung up online.
The U.S. National Security Agency is planning no major changes in its domestic telephone records collection program after a bill to rein in those efforts failed in the Senate this week, the agency's director said.
BitTorrent dismissed claims that its popular peer-to-peer file synchronization program BitTorrent Sync has an insecure cryptographic implementation that potentially gives the company access to users' files.
It's OK to be paranoid about every last detail when it comes to security.
Swedes have started to sign up for a free service from ISP Bahnhof to hide their Internet communications metadata from the police, and the company's CEO is urging other European ISPs to follow suit.
A consortium that develops guidelines for protecting payment card data is hoping that emerging security technologies will help prevent breaches that made this year one of the worst ever on the security front.
A multi-year study of cyberattacks against 10 activist and human rights groups shows they're hit with the same types of intrusions as large organizations but have far fewer resources to defend themselves.
Google released a tool that can be used to test whether the SSL/TLS encrypted connections opened by applications or devices are vulnerable to man-in-the-middle attacks.
Some of the most widely used messaging apps in the world, including Google Hangouts, Facebook chat, Yahoo Messenger and Snapchat, flunked a best-practices security test by advocacy group the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF).
In an effort to make to make Internet and mobile transactions more secure, American Express has launched a new service that aims to replace payment card numbers with unique tokens.
The German government is calling for the EU-wide retention of personal flight data as an anti-terrorism measure, but is facing opponents who object to yet another database holding private information.
Encrypting data traffic is mandatory for safeguarding information. But when attackers use encryption to mask their activity, it can be hard for enterprises to figure out what they're stealing.
Swedish ISP Bahnhof must resume retaining customer communications metadata for police use by the end of November or pay a fine of 5 million Swedish Kronor (US$685,000), the Swedish telecom authority has ruled.
The digital domain will be an important focus for the new members of the European Union's executive branch, the European Commission, following their approval by the European Parliament on Wednesday.
The European Union is finally moving to replace its data protection supervisor, after Members of the European Parliament interviewed the five candidates shortlisted for the roles of EU data protection supervisor and assistant supervisor on Monday.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- Smartwatches wear out their welcome with Motorola
- The mysteries of the GPU in Apple's iPhone 7 are unlocked
- Apple reportedly betting on drones and indoor data to make Maps better
- Apple now takes your old Apple Watch for free recycling
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTInfrastructure and Data Centre Support OfficerACT
- TPDevelopers and TestersACT
- CCSolution Designer and DeveloperNSW
- FTProject Manager - Process Transformation / AutomationNSW
- FTProduct OwnerVIC
- TPSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCSales Support AssociateNSW
- CCTechnical Security LeadVIC
- FTSoftware TestersACT
- CCUI DeveloperACT
- CCDesktop/Laptop Deployment TechnicianVIC
- CCProject ManagerWA
- FTData Integration or Big Data Specialist (Sales) - Permanent - SydneyNSW
- FTProject Coordinator - Junior PM (ERP)WA
- FTUX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedACT
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperQLD
- CCWeb Application SpecialistWA
- FTPaid Search SpecialistNSW
- CCCX Program LeadNSW
- FTSenior Security Advisor - CISSP - Permanent - Nth SydNSW
- FTTechnology Portfolio - Investment AnalystACT
- TPService Desk Analyst - Level 1VIC
- TPBusiness Objects DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Front End Web DeveloperVIC