Ransomware authors continue improving file-encrypting programs and infection methods for Windows and Android, making these nightmarish attacks harder to avoid.
Reports that new Samsung TVs can capture personal information with their voice recognition feature has sparked concern about what critics perceive as digital spying by so-called smart devices.
Oracle's monster batch of security updates will include a fix for a serious misconfiguration issue in its E-Business Suite product that can give hackers access to databases full of sensitive business records.
A company that correlates data about users across different websites to share with marketers is using unique IDs inserted by Verizon into mobile Web traffic to recreate tracking cookies that have been deleted by users.
Apple has fixed an issue that could have allowed attackers to launch brute-force attacks against iCloud users in order to guess their passwords.
Moonpig, a large online seller of personalized greeting cards and gifts, shut down its mobile apps Tuesday because of a security weakness that could have given hackers access to customer information.
More than a dozen Romanian non-governmental organizations are protesting new cybersecurity legislation passed by the parliament last week that would force businesses to provide the country's national intelligence agencies with access to their data wi...
The attackers who stole information about 83 million JPMorgan Chase customers earlier this year gained a foothold on the company's network because a server reportedly lacked two-factor authentication.
The data breach at the Staples office-supply chain may have affected roughly 1.16 million payment cards as criminals deployed malware to point-of-sale systems at 115 stores, the company said Friday.
A federal judge on Friday questioned the strength of a key lawsuit challenging the constitutionality of the government's Internet surveillance program known as "upstream" data collection.
Sony Pictures on Wednesday canceled the Dec. 25 release of its controversial comedy, "The Interview," after theater chains decided not to play the film following terrorist threats after a cyber attack.
After Sony Pictures Entertainment's computer network was breached in late November, it appeared the hackers wanted to blackmail the company.
Chip-and-PIN payment cards have a strong supporter in the hotbed of payment technologies, with San Francisco's district attorney promoting the new technology as a way to cut down on fraud.
The U.K. has faulted an unnamed tech company for failing to flag a conversation that played a crucial role in planning the murder of a British soldier.
Here's one flight delay that European Union citizens might appreciate: The European Parliament has grounded an agreement that would have sent more passenger data winging its way to Canadian law enforcers. And like other flight delays, it could have h...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- New report says Google watches made by LG, to be released Feb. 9
- Microsoft labels Windows 7 'outdated' as it stumps for 10
- AirTV's slick marriage of Sling TV and OTA channels isn't in the product yet
- Leaked Windows 10 build shows Microsoft filling a major content hole: Ebooks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Vendor Transition - ApplicationsNSW
- FTSystems AdministratorVIC
- CCIT Support AnalystVIC
- CCSAP SuccessfactorsACT
- FTEnterprise Sales ManagerVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - ITMSP - Melbourne CBDVIC
- CCNetwork Architect / Lead Network EngineerACT
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Travel and Expense Management SystemQLD
- TPBusiness Analyst - DataQLD
- FTSenior Front End Web DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- FTFull Stack PHP DeveloperQLD
- FTFront End UI DeveloperQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantVIC
- CCData Modeller and Business Analyst - Integration ProjectQLD
- FTSystems AnalystSA
- CCSenior C++ Software EngineerQLD
- CCJunior BI / Data Analytics Analyst - contract - SydneyNSW
- CCVirtualization ArchitectACT
- FTEnterprise Sales ManagerACT
- FTTechnical Support RepresentativeNSW
- FTChange ManagerACT
- FTFunctional ConsultantNSW