Retailers beware: A new Trojan program targets point-of-sale (PoS) terminals, stealing payment card data that can then be abused by cybercriminals.
A legal filing by the U.K. government has raised fears that the country's intelligence service GCHQ is misusing its powers to hack telecommunications companies in other countries.
Data protection and mass surveillance are high on the agenda for talks between members of the European Parliament (MEPs) and their U.S. counterparts in Washington, D.C., this week.
Ministers of European Union countries have agreed on a new plan to deal with cross-border privacy cases. Companies and a variety of critics, though, have called the proposal a mess.
A U.S. Senate committee has voted in secret to approve a controversial bill that seeks to encourage businesses to share information about cyberthreats with each other and with government agencies.
A new malware program attempts to extort money from gamers by encrypting game saves and other user-generated files for popular computer games.
Researchers sponsored by the U.S. government have reportedly tried to defeat the encryption and security of Apple devices for years.
Leaked documents show that the European Union's data protection is on its way to become an empty shell devoid of meaning, European civil rights groups warned Tuesday.
WordPress site owners using the WP-Slimstat plug-in installed should upgrade it to the latest version immediately in order to fix a critical vulnerability, security researchers warn.
An effort to search for cryptographic flaws in TrueCrypt, a popular disk encryption program, will resume even though the software was abandoned by its creators almost a year ago.
Samsung does not encrypt voice recordings that are collected and transmitted by its smart TVs to a third party service, even though the company has claimed that it uses encryption to secure consumers' personal information.
The Dutch government's proposed revision of the country's data retention law is not enough to bring it into compliance with a recent European Union court ruling, the Dutch privacy watchdog said Monday.
Facebook has built a platform where organizations can share information about the security threats they face in order to better fend off cyberattacks.
Jeb Bush, the former Florida governor now contemplating a run for U.S. president, may not have privacy high on his agenda.
The U.S. government needs a new cyberthreat analysis center because no single agency is responsible for producing that type of assessment and sharing that information across the government, according to a senior advisor to President Barack Obama.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's upgraded Beam game-streaming service goes live, taking on Twitch and YouTube
- How to watch Donald Trump's presidential inauguration live online for free
- Microsoft's latest Windows 10 ad annoys Chrome users with taskbar pop-ups
- GeForce Now vs. GeForce Now: Nvidia's Shield and PC streaming services are wildly different
- Microsoft kills Cache, its note-taking experiment with Evernote-Google Keep aspirations
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCNetwork Architect / Lead Network EngineerACT
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- CCService ManagerACT
- FTApplication Developer - FileNetWA
- FTMicrosoft Systems EngineerVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Linux Systems AdministratorNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCNetwork Systems Engineer l Application Support l Linux l Port MacquarieNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTSAP Business Objects ConsultantACT
- TPProject Services OpportunitiesSA
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT
- TPTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- FTSecurity System EngineerSA
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCSenior Full-stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & Lending - Brisbane Based RoleNSW
- FTSnr SOC Security Coordinator - Perm - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTUNIX / Linux EngineerNSW
- FTMS Exchange System Engineer l PowerShell l Message LabsNSW
- TPPrincipal Business Analyst - DAFFQLD
- CCJunior BI / Data Analytics Analyst - contract - SydneyNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst-DevOpsNSW