Retailers beware: A new Trojan program targets point-of-sale (PoS) terminals, stealing payment card data that can then be abused by cybercriminals.
A legal filing by the U.K. government has raised fears that the country's intelligence service GCHQ is misusing its powers to hack telecommunications companies in other countries.
Data protection and mass surveillance are high on the agenda for talks between members of the European Parliament (MEPs) and their U.S. counterparts in Washington, D.C., this week.
Ministers of European Union countries have agreed on a new plan to deal with cross-border privacy cases. Companies and a variety of critics, though, have called the proposal a mess.
A U.S. Senate committee has voted in secret to approve a controversial bill that seeks to encourage businesses to share information about cyberthreats with each other and with government agencies.
A new malware program attempts to extort money from gamers by encrypting game saves and other user-generated files for popular computer games.
Researchers sponsored by the U.S. government have reportedly tried to defeat the encryption and security of Apple devices for years.
Leaked documents show that the European Union's data protection is on its way to become an empty shell devoid of meaning, European civil rights groups warned Tuesday.
WordPress site owners using the WP-Slimstat plug-in installed should upgrade it to the latest version immediately in order to fix a critical vulnerability, security researchers warn.
An effort to search for cryptographic flaws in TrueCrypt, a popular disk encryption program, will resume even though the software was abandoned by its creators almost a year ago.
Samsung does not encrypt voice recordings that are collected and transmitted by its smart TVs to a third party service, even though the company has claimed that it uses encryption to secure consumers' personal information.
The Dutch government's proposed revision of the country's data retention law is not enough to bring it into compliance with a recent European Union court ruling, the Dutch privacy watchdog said Monday.
Facebook has built a platform where organizations can share information about the security threats they face in order to better fend off cyberattacks.
Jeb Bush, the former Florida governor now contemplating a run for U.S. president, may not have privacy high on his agenda.
The U.S. government needs a new cyberthreat analysis center because no single agency is responsible for producing that type of assessment and sharing that information across the government, according to a senior advisor to President Barack Obama.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Apple has sold 1 billion iPhones
- Pokémon Go craze shows Apple an augmented reality future
- Samsung’s massive 15TB SSD can be yours -- for about $10K
- Warning: The new Marvel: Ultimate Alliance PC ports are a disastrous mess
- After delays, Lenovo finally ships its first OLED laptop
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Contracts Officer/Procurement -Governmen BckgrndNSW
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerWA
- CCNetwork Architect - Cisco, Aruba and SecurityNSW
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- CCSQL DeveloperNSW
- FTChange ManagerNSW
- CCData Integration specialistACT
- FTMobile DeveloperWA
- FTDesktop EngineerNSW
- FTIT Helpdesk (Microsoft)NSW
- FTMobility Test AnalystNSW
- FTFull-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCSolution Architect - Supply ChainNSW
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- CCDrupal DeveloperWA
- FTIdentity Systems Analyst / Solution DesignerACT
- FTProject Manager- Change ManagementSA
- CCSolution Architect - IntegrationSA
- CCServiceNow Technical LeadNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Logistic and TransportVIC
- CCTechnical Architect - CloudNSW
- FTDesktop Specialist - Application PackagingACT