Retailers beware: A new Trojan program targets point-of-sale (PoS) terminals, stealing payment card data that can then be abused by cybercriminals.
A legal filing by the U.K. government has raised fears that the country's intelligence service GCHQ is misusing its powers to hack telecommunications companies in other countries.
Data protection and mass surveillance are high on the agenda for talks between members of the European Parliament (MEPs) and their U.S. counterparts in Washington, D.C., this week.
Ministers of European Union countries have agreed on a new plan to deal with cross-border privacy cases. Companies and a variety of critics, though, have called the proposal a mess.
A U.S. Senate committee has voted in secret to approve a controversial bill that seeks to encourage businesses to share information about cyberthreats with each other and with government agencies.
A new malware program attempts to extort money from gamers by encrypting game saves and other user-generated files for popular computer games.
Researchers sponsored by the U.S. government have reportedly tried to defeat the encryption and security of Apple devices for years.
Leaked documents show that the European Union's data protection is on its way to become an empty shell devoid of meaning, European civil rights groups warned Tuesday.
WordPress site owners using the WP-Slimstat plug-in installed should upgrade it to the latest version immediately in order to fix a critical vulnerability, security researchers warn.
An effort to search for cryptographic flaws in TrueCrypt, a popular disk encryption program, will resume even though the software was abandoned by its creators almost a year ago.
Samsung does not encrypt voice recordings that are collected and transmitted by its smart TVs to a third party service, even though the company has claimed that it uses encryption to secure consumers' personal information.
The Dutch government's proposed revision of the country's data retention law is not enough to bring it into compliance with a recent European Union court ruling, the Dutch privacy watchdog said Monday.
Facebook has built a platform where organizations can share information about the security threats they face in order to better fend off cyberattacks.
Jeb Bush, the former Florida governor now contemplating a run for U.S. president, may not have privacy high on his agenda.
The U.S. government needs a new cyberthreat analysis center because no single agency is responsible for producing that type of assessment and sharing that information across the government, according to a senior advisor to President Barack Obama.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Java-based Trojan was used to attack over 400,000 systems
- HPE servers get new names to help users figure out what they can be used for
- Amazon Web Services goes gunning for gamers with free FPS framework
- US government wants to sharply increase spending on cybersecurity
- Facebook faces restrictions in France on data transfer to US, tracking of users
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCInformation ArchitectQLD
- CCData Migration SpecialistQLD
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- FTSecurity ArchitectWA
- CCVMWare Horizon View 6.1 roll out & IT support | Short contract | Macquarie ParkNSW
- CCTechnical Tester - AutomationVIC
- CCMid-level DevOps EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorNSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- FTTechnical Support Engineer, International SoftwareNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Enterprise Software SolutionNSW
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- CCDesktop Applications PackagerSA
- FTChange LeadNSW
- CCWindows System Admin, Administrator, Technical SupportNSW
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- FTProject Manager | Defence projects | NV1/NV2 cleared | Canberra basedACT
- CCContract System Analyst (Website/PHP development) 160122/SA/vmtAsia
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCHelpdesk SupportNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- CCCommercial Manager - Strategy / Big Data - Telecommunications -NSW
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC