Cybercriminals stole debit card information from customers of dozens of financial institutions in a phishing campaign that combined rogue text messages and with VoIP calls.
When's the last time you thought about using different passwords for different websites? Perhaps after a bug called Heartbleed started crawling around them.
A cybercriminal operation that combines phone-based social engineering attacks with spear phishing and malware to steal money from organizations has resurfaced this year, finding victims in French-speaking countries in particular.
Web application attacks, cyber-espionage and point-of-sale intrusions were among the top IT security threats in 2013, according to Verizon's latest annual report on data breach investigations.
Worried about how the Heartbleed vulnerability may affect your personal accounts? A new tool may be of help.
A new webmail service called Lavaboom promises to provide easy-to-use email encryption without ever learning its users' private encryption keys or message contents.
The source code of TrueCrypt, a popular disk encryption tool, is not the most polished work of programming, but it has no critical flaws or intentional backdoors, security testers concluded in a report released Monday.
Websites that use encryption could be elevated in Google search results sometime in the future, according to The Wall Street Journal.
Andrew Auernheimer, known online as "weev," has won an appeal against his conviction for exploiting a vulnerability in AT&T's website to collect the email addresses of Apple iPad users. The 2010 incident earned him a 41-month prison sentence.
Four researchers working separately have demonstrated a server's private encryption key can be obtained using the Heartbleed bug, an attack thought possible but unconfirmed.
Jose Vildoza's 62-year-old father was using his old Windows computer when a warning in broken English flashed on the screen: your files have been encrypted.
A 5-year-old San Diego boy has been commended by Microsoft for his security skills after finding a vulnerability in the company's Xbox games console.
In an attempt at clarity, Google has amended its terms of service to say that it analyzes private data, including emails, for purposes including the delivery of ads and customized search results.
Yahoo said Wednesday it was encrypting traffic flowing between its data centers, several months after leaked documents revealed the government had been sniffing those links.
Smaller financial institutions have been warned to look out for attacks that aim to increase the withdrawal limit on customer payment cards for fraud purposes.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 2 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 3 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 4 Ford Focus ST (2015) review: Absolutely mental styling, engine, handling
- 5 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- EU Safe Harbor ruling could have bearing on Microsoft email dispute
- IPsoft's 'Amelia' virtual assistant just got a whole lot more human
- Surface Pro 4 on sale at Microsoft's Sydney store on November 12
- Microsoft makes serious smartphone play with Lumia 950 range
- Clothing retailer Uniqlo uses brain waves to match customers with t-shirts
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDatabase Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- FTLinux Administrator with AWS & DevopsNSW
- FTBusiness Development & Account ManagementNSW
- FT1st & 2nd level IT support all-rounder in beautiful rural BathurstNSW
- FTMid level IT consultant | Systems Integration & Managed ServicesNSW
- FTSystems Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Music IndustryNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- CCMilitary simulation programmer with C# and Unity - 3 monthsNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Client Side - Previous Agency Experience Welcome!!NSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTManual Test Engineer | Financial Institution | Web testingNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | National commercial law firm | MS, AWS & eDiscoveryNSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorVIC
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTProduct Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTSales SpecialistNSW