Systems support company IPsoft is testing new virtual help software that it says will help answer customer technical questions much more quickly and thoroughly than today's current crop of online assistants.
In an ongoing effort to commercialize its Watson analysis technology, IBM is testing a new service that can answer questions business managers might have about their data.
Add Tibco to the list of vendors pushing a full stack of so-called "customer engagement" software, which companies use to track and analyze consumer behavior in hopes of building deeper relationships with them and ultimately, selling more products an...
When not busy helping to find new treatments for cancer, IBM Watson is helping to cook up a few new dishes as well.
IBM continues to make the case for the nascent field of cognitive computing, showing off some Watson prototypes that could help speed scientific discovery in the medical field, by scanning large volumes of literature and data far more quickly then hu...
IBM has upgraded its Watson Discovery Advisor data analysis service so it can answer your questions before you even ask.
Google is drawing from the work of the open-source community to offer its cloud customers a service to better manage their clusters of virtual servers.
Comparing commercial Hadoop big data-styled analysis systems might get a little easier, thanks to a new benchmark from the Transaction Processing Performance Council (TPC).
In the hot market for big-data products and services, sometimes even competitors must work together for the common good.
Taking on Google, Databricks plans to offer its own cloud service for analyzing live data streams, one based on the Apache Spark software.
Taking what many see as the next step in big data analysis, Google is previewing a service called Google Cloud Dataflow that analyzes live data, potentially giving users the ability to view trends and be alerted to events as they happen.
As if tracking down bugs in a complex application isn't difficult enough, programmers now must worry about a newly emerging and potentially dangerous trap, one in which a program compiler simply eliminates chunks of code it doesn't understand, often ...
Microsoft will soon offer a service aimed at making machine-learning technology more widely usable.
In the NLP (natural language processing) business for a while, Attensity sees an opportunity to get new customers with Q, a visualization tool it says can help non-technical users like marketers find insights in oceans of social media data.
Oracle CEO Larry Ellison is taking the fight to IBM, Microsoft and SAP in the burgeoning in-memory database market with a new option the company says can deliver dramatic performance boosts without requiring changes to applications.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- Battlefield 1 review: Familiar multiplayer wedded to a brilliant WWI campaign
- Microsoft rescues disheveled lady Skypers with its TeleBeauty virtual makeup app
- Samsung releases super-high-capacity 8GB DRAM
- Mars lander goes silent, but scientists remain hopeful
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSenior Developer - C++/Perl/PythonNSW
- FTProgram SchedulerNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (12-Month Renewable Contract)Asia
- FTSalesforce Subject Matter ExpertNSW
- CCChange Manager - Telco projectsNSW
- CCWeb Analytics AnalystNSW
- CCTechnology Training ManagerNSW
- CCFunctional Consultant - MS Dynamics AXQLD
- CCSenior Siebel DeveloperACT
- FTDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161017/ITA/742Asia
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTSoftware Developers | .Net 4.6 | Multiple RolesNSW
- CCICT Project Reporting Planning CoordinatorNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCServiceNow ConsultantNSW
- CCMobile Developers (IOS and Android)QLD
- FT.Net CRM Dynamics Developer LeadVIC
- CCProgram ManagerACT
- CCProject AnalystVIC
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperNSW
- FTSr. Insight SpecialistVIC
- CCContract Management SpecialistNSW
- CCLevel 3 Microsoft Resource EngineerVIC