Organizations that want to extract more intelligence from their Hadoop deployments might find help from the relatively little known Tajo open source data warehouse software, which the Apache Software Foundation has pronounced as ready for commercial ...
IBM has acquired computing services provider AlchemyAPI to broaden its portfolio of Watson-branded cognitive computing services.
Scan through the news announcements in the world of enterprise software lately, and there's a good chance you'll notice an overriding theme. It focuses on analytics, and it's all about putting the power of that once-highly specialized function within...
Capturing public conversations around the world in real time, Twitter could be a valuable source of intelligence for the business world, so IBM is creating new ways to derive potentially valuable information from this massive, sprawling data set.
One of the core challenges in any big-data effort is combining data from multiple sources and turning it into something useful.
Bowing to customer pressure, enterprise software and services vendor Pivotal will release as open source the remainder of its software suite for analyzing data.
A number of the largest big data vendors, including IBM, Hortonworks and Pivotal, have banded together to specify a unified base platform for the open source Hadoop data processing software.
Hewlett-Packard has devised a way to run programs written in the R statistical programming language against data sets that span more than one server, potentially paving the way for large-scale, real-time predictive analytics.
Big data may have just crested the wave of inflated expectations and be barrelling towards the trough of disillusionment, at least if you're following along with the Gartner Hype Cycle.
If you use Siri, Netflix or even Google AdWords, you've already sampled machine learning, whether you realize it or not. Such technology can help companies figure out what you want, what you like, and what you might like in the future.
As each new generation of computer processors arrives with a larger number of computing cores, computer scientists grapple with how best to make use of this proliferation of parallel power.
A streaming analytics engine developed by Microsoft Research is giving advertisers on the company's Bing Web search service more timely analysis on how their ad campaigns are faring, according to the company.
A new SAP rapid-deployment service aims to help enterprises tap its Hana in-memory database and computing platform for business-intelligence initiatives involving Big Data.
In a move to beef up its portfolio of analysis software and services, Microsoft is acquiring Revolution Analytics, a major commercial distributor of the R statistical programming language.
Say hello to Flink, the newest distributed data analysis engine on the scene.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- Smartwatches wear out their welcome with Motorola
- The mysteries of the GPU in Apple's iPhone 7 are unlocked
- Apple reportedly betting on drones and indoor data to make Maps better
- Apple now takes your old Apple Watch for free recycling
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCDevelopment Manager / Engineering Manager - Canberra RoleVIC
- FTSenior C++ EngineerACT
- TPAEM Developer (frontend)NSW
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerVIC
- FTDevelopment Manager / Engineering Manager - Canberra RoleACT
- CCSenior Web Content AuthorACT
- CCJava API DeveloperTAS
- FTSenior Software EngineerWA
- CCActive Directory EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Solutions Architect -Cloud /Work Location - CanberraNSW
- FTSenior AEM Support AnalystVIC
- FTChange ManagerNSW
- CCNetwork Support EngineerNSW
- TP.NET Developer (Sitecore)QLD
- FTServicing Financial Planner - CBDVIC
- FTProject Manager - Process Transformation / AutomationNSW
- CCSecurity Administrator - CheckpointVIC
- CCSenior Platform Developer/ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Organisational Change ManagerNSW
- TPFull Stack .NET DeveloperWA
- CCTraining Coordinator - Sydney CBD (Urgent!!)NSW
- CCConsumer Social Specialist / Campaign Manager (Digital)VIC
- TPSenior Business Analyst - HRISQLD
- CCSAP HR & Payroll Project ManagerACT
- FTTechnology Portfolio - Performance AnalystACT