LAS VEGAS - EMC announced at its annual trade show today an upgrade to its data-caching appliance that allows storage arrays to replicate data between applications over distances greater than 2,000 miles.
EMC today introduced the first major upgrade to its Avamar deduplication backup software, which integrates with the company's Data Domain appliances to give administrators a single view of their EMC backup environments.
With the acquisition of 3Par, Dell is positioning itself against top data center storage providers, including IBM, Hewlett-Packard, Hitachi and even Dell-partner EMC.
EMC has officially acquired majority ownership of storage vendor Data Domain after a bidding war with NetApp.
EMC has extended from June 29 to July 10 the deadline on its $US1.8 billion offer to purchase all outstanding shares of storage backup vendor Data Domain, in an effort to entice Data Domain to abandon a deal with NetApp.
Start-up Nimble Storage came out of the development stage this week with its first product -- an array that combines solid state drives (SSD) with high-capacity, cost and performance serial ATA (SATA) hard drives, acts as primary and backup storage a...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft kills Cache, its note-taking experiment with Evernote-Google Keep aspirations
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15014 officially adds ebook support
- XCOM 2's eagerly anticipated Long War 2 total conversion mod released in Steam Workshop
- Prices plummet for AMD's beastly Radeon Pro Duo graphics card ahead of Vega's release
- Resident Evil 7 joins Microsoft's ambitious Play Anywhere program for PCs and Xbox One
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPSenior Test Analyst - DETEQLD
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkACT
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCSAP HR/ Payroll ConsultantQLD
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCWebMethod DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCWebMethod DeveloperNSW
- CCMultiple Infrastructure ArchitectsWA
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- TPDigital Business Analyst | AgileQLD
- CCTest Specialist - NetworkVIC
- TPTechnical WriterACT
- FTInfrastructure ConsultantQLD
- FTProduction control - batch schedulingNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Financial Planning - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTLinux EngineerNSW
- CCTest Automation ArchitectQLD
- TPDigital Business AnalystNSW
- FTPMO Coordinator - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- FTTrading Systems EngineerNSW
- FTBack End DeveloperNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCMicrosoft Systems EngineerVIC