Samsung on Tuesday released its first solid state drive (SSD) built with consumer-class NAND flash but targeted for use in enterprise-class storage systems.
SGI has launched a modular data center that uses outside air instead of chilled water to cool the IT gear inside, making it highly energy efficient, the company said Monday.
Data centers gobble up energy and generate heat, but here are some data centers that try to do it with their own flair
A new startup funded by major chip makers and investment firms is taking aim at electricity bills, the biggest cost in data centers.
Facebook has decided to double the size of its planned data center in Oregon before the first part of the project is even built, the latest sign of the company's rapid growth.
I/o Data Centers hopes to leapfrog the competition by developing what it claims will be a new, more integrated type of containerized data center, the company said on Friday.
Virtualization gave data center managers some breathing room in their battle against rising energy use, but more changes are needed to keep pace with the demands of IT departments, speakers at an industry conference said Friday.
A group of organizations led by The Green Grid has recommended a standard way for data centers to measure their Power Usage Effectiveness, aiming to bring consistency to the metric and make it easier for different facilities to compare their results.
Colt Technology Services Group is looking to attract companies that want to increase their data-center capacity without committing to building a large-scale facility.
Hitachi Data Systems is preparing to offer cloud storage that even cloud-averse enterprises might accept: It resides in the customer's own data center.
The island partly responsible for slashing the cost of personal computers has set its sights on the Cloud, seeking to halve the price of the massive data centers required for the growing world of online services.
Google's top energy executive has offered some simple steps for making data centers more energy-efficient, including raising the thermostat to 27 degrees Celsius (80 degrees Fahrenheit) to cut down on cooling costs.
The data center of the future will be a set of commodities, speakers and attendees of Storage Networking World said at the conference on Tuesday.
Startup Viridity Software is releasing a new tool on Monday to help companies keep track of the power being used by each piece of IT equipment in their data centers, with a view to improving energy efficiency.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTWintel EngineerACT
- CCProcurement Sourcing SpecialistQLD
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- CCPortfolio-Program SchedulerNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCMVC .Net Developer- Hurstville NSW 2220NSW
- FTUX Front-End DeveloperWA
- CCService EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Information Security SpecialistNSW
- FTLinux AdministratorVIC
- FTDatabase AdministratorVIC
- FTVB6 DeveloperNSW
- CC.NET DeveloperNSW
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC
- CCOracle Business AnalystSA
- FTSenior Oracle DBANSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Telecommunications) / Melb CBDVIC
- CCTest ManagerQLD
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- CCIBM InfoSphere ConsultantACT
- CCRecords Officer - CanberraACT
- CCContract Software Engineer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160129/SE/vccAsia