Hitachi Global Storage Technologies (HGST), a Western Digital company, is putting helium into its hard disk drives (HDDs) to boost their capacity.
A highly-touted Anglo-US startup has emerged from stealth mode this month with a new type of database design it believes can transform the way this class of software is used by many large companies.
Today's web application firewalls are not up to the challenge of securing cloud systems according to security company Qualys which has set out its alternative vision based on building a new generation using open source development.
The US government is setting out to address concerns about security in the cloud. The US National Institute of Standards and Technology has issued a draft document looking at issues such as privacy and security within cloud environments.
Storage management company NetApp has bought data centre analytics specialist Akorri in an attempt to improve customers' ability to identify capacity bottlenecks and plan for capacity.
The National Security Agency is building one of the largest and most expensive data centers as a place to gather and analyze intelligence data.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) has announced two new pricing plans for its cloud service and has reduced the prices for its existing offerings.
Samsung on Tuesday released its first solid state drive (SSD) built with consumer-class NAND flash but targeted for use in enterprise-class storage systems.
A new report has added further to the debate as to whether cloud computing is a greener approach to running data centres. A survey by Pike Research has indicated that the energy savings of cloud computing are "substantial".
While service provider customers have had to choose between traditional managed hosting and cloud services, Rackspace is set to introduce a product that combines both.
Samsung today announced a new 8GB dual inline memory module (DIMM) that stacks memory chips on top of each other, which increases the density of the memory by 50 per cent compared to conventional DIMM technology.
SGI has launched a modular data center that uses outside air instead of chilled water to cool the IT gear inside, making it highly energy efficient, the company said Monday.
A startup founded by the creator of Amazon’s Elastic Compute Cloud is now offering a free beta download of its software, which creates Amazon-like clouds behind the enterprise firewall.
A new breed of data centres could solve many of the problems of capacity that are affecting companies today. Changes in data centre design could provide a 300 per cent growth in capacity at the same time as reducing floor size by 30 per cent, said Ga...
While tech companies are trying to outdo each other in data center design and energy efficiency, small businesses still can find choosing a data center a tough proposition. Entrusting your company's data and valuable information to someone else needs...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's upgraded Beam game-streaming service goes live, taking on Twitch and YouTube
- How to watch Donald Trump's presidential inauguration live online for free
- Microsoft's latest Windows 10 ad annoys Chrome users with taskbar pop-ups
- GeForce Now vs. GeForce Now: Nvidia's Shield and PC streaming services are wildly different
- Microsoft kills Cache, its note-taking experiment with Evernote-Google Keep aspirations
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCNetwork Security Specialist - Palo Alto Firewall ExpertVIC
- FT.NET DEVELOPER | MID-SENIOR LEVEL | MEDIA INDUSTRYNSW
- TPTechnical WriterACT
- CCArcSight Security Engineer - Contract - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- TPSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTPHP DeveloperQLD
- FTLead Drupal Developer - Gold CoastQLD
- CCEnterprise Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager - Queensland TerritoryQLD
- FTMS Exchange System Engineer l PowerShell l Message LabsNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTPerformance Reporting AnalystNSW
- CCCapacity and Performance Analyst - Mainframe - Z SystemsVIC
- TPFinancial Project management - Multiple grant programsNSW
- FTSenior Linux Systems AdministratorNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Risk & ComplianceNSW
- TPSOA DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPSoftware EngineerWA
- TPTechnical Change AnalystQLD
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTLinux EngineerNSW
- FTProduction control - batch schedulingNSW