A group of organizations led by The Green Grid has recommended a standard way for data centers to measure their Power Usage Effectiveness, aiming to bring consistency to the metric and make it easier for different facilities to compare their results.
The Green Grid Consortium will release two free tools in the coming months to help companies measure and improve the energy efficiency of their data centers.
Nearly three-quarters of European data centre managers are concerned about the impact that environmental regulation could have on data centres - although 60 percent of companies now have green data centre policies in place.
Latest News Articles
- SAP ties up with Apigee for API management
- Oracle buys TOA Technologies in strike against Salesforce.com
- IBM buys access control and identity management firm CrossIdeas
- Hacker group targets video game companies to steal source code
- AMD's Kaveri processors coming to smaller, cheaper desktops
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Buying guide: Ovens, cooktops and freestanding cookers (upright ranges)
- 2 The most disturbing YouTube videos of all time
- 3 Tethering tutorial: How to use your iPhone as a modem
- 4 How to connect your iPhone to your TV
- 5 Top five budget smartphones money can buy (Part I, 2014)
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
- Notebooks View all »
- 20% off $17.31 free shipping
- Tablets View all »
- Mobile Phones View all »
- TVs View all »
- Digital Cameras View all »