A group of organizations led by The Green Grid has recommended a standard way for data centers to measure their Power Usage Effectiveness, aiming to bring consistency to the metric and make it easier for different facilities to compare their results.
The Green Grid Consortium will release two free tools in the coming months to help companies measure and improve the energy efficiency of their data centers.
Nearly three-quarters of European data centre managers are concerned about the impact that environmental regulation could have on data centres - although 60 percent of companies now have green data centre policies in place.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z3 review: The no-frills flagship
- 2 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 3 Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: The busiest, biggest and best Samsung phablet
- 4 Aldi's $279 Bauhn Sphere review: Disappointing
- 5 Nokia Lumia 735 review: Perfectly ordinary
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Google's Gmail appears to have been blocked by China at IP level
- 'The Interview' already Sony Pictures' top online film ever
- Sony: PlayStation Network is back online now, really
- Reports: North Korea's Internet access, mobile networks down
- PlayStation Network recovering after outage
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.