The hack against Sony Pictures appeared to enter new territory on Friday when employees reportedly received messages threatening them and their families.
Women's clothing retailer Bebe Stores has become the latest national retailer to be hit by an attack on its credit card payment system.
A malware program with data wiping functionality that was recently used to attack Sony Pictures Entertainment bears technical similarities to destructive malware that affected organizations in South Korea and the Middle East in the past.
The destructive malware program that the FBI alerted some companies about this week was likely used against Sony Pictures Entertainment, according to technical evidence found by researchers in the program's code.
North Korea is most likely not responsible for the cyberattacks against Sony Pictures Entertainment, which saw thousands of sensitive internal documents released on the Web in a high-profile strike, experts said.
Cybercriminals are using malware designed to steal payment card information from point-of-sale systems to also infect ticket vending machines and electronic kiosks.
Home Depot spent US$43 million in its third quarter dealing with the fallout of one of the largest ever data breaches, highlighting the costly nature of security failures.
The U.S. National Security Agency is planning no major changes in its domestic telephone records collection program after a bill to rein in those efforts failed in the Senate this week, the agency's director said.
A consortium that develops guidelines for protecting payment card data is hoping that emerging security technologies will help prevent breaches that made this year one of the worst ever on the security front.
Four websites run by the U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration have been compromised in recent weeks, the agency said on Wednesday.
A multi-year study of cyberattacks against 10 activist and human rights groups shows they're hit with the same types of intrusions as large organizations but have far fewer resources to defend themselves.
A U.S. Postal Service data breach has potentially compromised the personal information of 800,000 employees, as well as some customers who contacted the government service.
Home Depot has shed more light on a recent data breach that compromised 56 million payment cards, saying hackers used login credentials belonging to another company to access its network. It also revealed that 53 million email addresses were also sto...
Pirate Bay co-founder Gottfrid Svartholm Warg has been sentenced by the Court of Frederiksberg in Denmark to three-and-a-half years in jail for hacking and serious vandalism.
The notoriety that comes with taking credit for a data breach is alluring. Declaring a successful data breach can suddenly bring a lot of attention, which is why posting bogus data is attractive.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Pebble 2 and Pebble Time 2 add heart sensors, and Pebble Core stands in for your phone
- Review - Total War: Warhammer
- How to trip out with the iTunes visualizer
- How to add a second number to your Android phone
- Intel partners with Vivid to launch new interactive 3D experience
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSolutions Architect - Enterprise ApplicationsNSW
- CCOpen Source Specialist / Senior ConsultantQLD
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/LAN/Anti-Virus) 160524/ITA/074Asia
- CCMicrosoft System Engineer - NV1ACT
- CCBusiness Intelligence (BI) AnalystQLD
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCChange Manager- ProcurementNSW
- CCSkilled Sitecore / .NET DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical Service LeadNSW
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- CCSenior Test AnalystQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160520/AP/985Asia
- FTFunctional Business Analyst Dynamic AXNSW
- CCSnr Technology Analyst Disaster RecoveryVIC
- FTOPEN _ ASAP_Technical Specialist COEACT
- FTPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- CCIT Environment and Deployment SpecialistQLD
- CCOracle Payroll Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior BA - Enterprise DataNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperACT
- CCIT Security Consultant -NSW
- FTSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- CCProgram Business AnalystVIC
- CCProject/ Change ManagerQLD
- CCIT Program ManagerACT