They spread lies. They push products you don't care about. They make unpopular people look popular. Sometimes, they take over your machine with malware.
Cybercriminals stole debit card information from customers of dozens of financial institutions in a phishing campaign that combined rogue text messages and with VoIP calls.
When's the last time you thought about using different passwords for different websites? Perhaps after a bug called Heartbleed started crawling around them.
Web application attacks, cyber-espionage and point-of-sale intrusions were among the top IT security threats in 2013, according to Verizon's latest annual report on data breach investigations.
About 2.6 million payment cards at Michaels Stores and another 400,000 at subsidiary Aaron Brothers may have been affected in a card skimming attack that compromised its point-of-sale systems, the retailer said Thursday.
Canadian police have arrested a 19-year-old man for allegedly using the Heartbleed bug to steal data about taxpayers.
Four researchers working separately have demonstrated a server's private encryption key can be obtained using the Heartbleed bug, an attack thought possible but unconfirmed.
The Identity Theft Resource Center, which tracks data breaches, has counted 204 of them from January 1 to March 27.
A 5-year-old San Diego boy has been commended by Microsoft for his security skills after finding a vulnerability in the company's Xbox games console.
A group of state attorneys general in the U.S. is launching an investigation into a recently disclosed data breach of 200 million personal records at a subsidiary of credit monitoring firm Experian.
In an attempt at clarity, Google has amended its terms of service to say that it analyzes private data, including emails, for purposes including the delivery of ads and customized search results.
A botnet that was slowly shrinking has taken on a new trick: brute-forcing routers set to easy-to-guess credentials.
Yahoo said Wednesday it was encrypting traffic flowing between its data centers, several months after leaked documents revealed the government had been sniffing those links.
Smaller financial institutions have been warned to look out for attacks that aim to increase the withdrawal limit on customer payment cards for fraud purposes.
Many companies have felt the effects of data theft over the last several years. It's 2014 and it doesn't look like the going is getting any easier. The technology sector seems most at risk with every week bringing the world another reported data brea...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Facebook's Year in Review for 2016 isn't just fun and games
- AMD's Radeon Software Crimson ReLive debuts with features galore
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
- Microsoft-Qualcomm deal finally puts Windows 10 and Win32 apps on ARM devices
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCAgile Iteration ManagerNSW
- TPHRIS Project Delivery ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperSA
- CCHadoop DeveloperVIC
- FTSoftware / Web Development ManagerNSW
- FTChange Manager/ Project ManagerACT
- FTMotor Claims ConsultantNSW
- CCProject Manager - Scrum MasterNSW
- CCEOI - TIBCO DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Software EngineerACT
- CCPlatform Services EngineerNSW
- CCJDE ERP Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCC ProgrammerACT
- CCWorkforce Planning ManagerNSW
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)VIC
- CCNight Shift Service Desk AnalystNSW
- FTSystem EngineerNSW
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- CCSAP HR/Payroll Training Manager / Instructional DesignerNSW
- FTFinancial AnalystNSW
- TPWordpress DeveloperVIC
- FTPractice AdvisorNSW
- FTMigration ArchitectSA
- TPSenior Software EngineerQLD
- TPBusiness Change ManagerQLD