They spread lies. They push products you don't care about. They make unpopular people look popular. Sometimes, they take over your machine with malware.
Cybercriminals stole debit card information from customers of dozens of financial institutions in a phishing campaign that combined rogue text messages and with VoIP calls.
When's the last time you thought about using different passwords for different websites? Perhaps after a bug called Heartbleed started crawling around them.
Web application attacks, cyber-espionage and point-of-sale intrusions were among the top IT security threats in 2013, according to Verizon's latest annual report on data breach investigations.
About 2.6 million payment cards at Michaels Stores and another 400,000 at subsidiary Aaron Brothers may have been affected in a card skimming attack that compromised its point-of-sale systems, the retailer said Thursday.
Canadian police have arrested a 19-year-old man for allegedly using the Heartbleed bug to steal data about taxpayers.
Four researchers working separately have demonstrated a server's private encryption key can be obtained using the Heartbleed bug, an attack thought possible but unconfirmed.
The Identity Theft Resource Center, which tracks data breaches, has counted 204 of them from January 1 to March 27.
A 5-year-old San Diego boy has been commended by Microsoft for his security skills after finding a vulnerability in the company's Xbox games console.
A group of state attorneys general in the U.S. is launching an investigation into a recently disclosed data breach of 200 million personal records at a subsidiary of credit monitoring firm Experian.
In an attempt at clarity, Google has amended its terms of service to say that it analyzes private data, including emails, for purposes including the delivery of ads and customized search results.
A botnet that was slowly shrinking has taken on a new trick: brute-forcing routers set to easy-to-guess credentials.
Yahoo said Wednesday it was encrypting traffic flowing between its data centers, several months after leaked documents revealed the government had been sniffing those links.
Smaller financial institutions have been warned to look out for attacks that aim to increase the withdrawal limit on customer payment cards for fraud purposes.
Many companies have felt the effects of data theft over the last several years. It's 2014 and it doesn't look like the going is getting any easier. The technology sector seems most at risk with every week bringing the world another reported data brea...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Kogan Mobile upgrades to 4G network
- Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- MIT uses 4D maps to help robot teams navigate moving obstacles
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCApplication Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCEnterprise Architect (Security)NSW
- CCInfrastructure Engineer - Windows, VMWare, HyperVWA
- CCNV2 - System Administration / Application SupportACT
- CCOnline Shop Operations Consultant (eCommerce)VIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital/Financial ServicesNSW
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution Architect / Data ArchitectNSW
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- CCSenior AGILE Business AnalystNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTDigital Sales Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCSenior Front End / UI Developer (React.js / LESS / SASS)NSW
- FTAzure ArchitectQLD
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- CCICT Project Manager - Contact Centre/Telephony FocusNSW
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- FTSupport AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Project Manager, SoftwareNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCAWS ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness Data AnalystVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- CCBusiness Analyst - ICT SecurityNSW
- FTAGILE Training Manager/CoachNSW