Matt Oh, a senior malware researcher with HP, recently bought a single Aloha point-of-sale terminal -- a brand of computerized cash register widely used in the hospitality industry -- on eBay for US$200.
Tokyo police on Thursday arrested a systems engineer accused of stealing millions of customer names from the computer database of a large education firm to sell them for profit.
In the battle to keep your personal information private, it's not just hackers you have to worry about but lax security and stupidity.
The Social Security numbers of roughly 18,000 California physicians and health-care providers were inadvertently made public after a slip-up at health insurance provider Blue Shield of California, the organization said Monday.
Restaurant chain P.F. Chang's China Bistro says the theft of credit and debit card information from some of its restaurants earlier this year was "part of a highly sophisticated criminal operation."
Data breaches at retailers and financial services companies exposed 14 percent of all U.S. debit cards in 2013, according to a nationwide survey by a major ATM network operator.
There is yet another reason to be wary of spam email about bank transfers or invoices -- it could be carrying a new, cleverly designed malware program that steals financial information.
Up to 1.3 million records, including health care and bank account information, may have been exposed after a server at Montana's public health department was hacked in May, the state said Tuesday.
A code-hosting and project management services provider was forced to shut down operations indefinitely after a hacker broke into its cloud infrastructure and deleted customer data, including most of the company's backups.
P.F. Chang's China Bistro confirmed on Thursday credit and debit card data was stolen from its restaurants, saying it is switching in the meantime to a manual imprinting system to process cards safety.
A Romanian man sentenced just last week in his own country for raiding online accounts linked to prominent politicians and celebrities was indicted Thursday in a U.S. federal court.
Personal information, including Social Security numbers and call records, was accessed for an unknown number of AT&T Mobility customers by people outside of the company, AT&T has confirmed.
A large batch of stolen credit card numbers for sale on an underground forum may have come from a breach at P.F. Chang's China Bistro, a US restaurant chain that said on Tuesday it is investigating.
Russian authorities arrested a man and a teenaged boy from Moscow under suspicion that they compromised Apple ID accounts and used Apple's Find My iPhone service to hold iOS devices for ransom.
Computer-related crimes may cause as much as US$400 billion in losses annually, according to a new study that acknowledges the difficulty in estimating damages from such acts, most of which go unreported.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- FTFraud AnalystVIC
- CCOperations AnalystNSW
- CCEnterprise Systems Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst (SCADA / CSI)VIC
- CCSenior Project Manager, Research Data ProjectNSW
- CCTechnical Tester - AutomationVIC
- FTServer EngineerNSW
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- FTPrincipal Business Analyst (SQL/SAS)NSW
- CCOracle Business Analyst / TrainerSA
- CCRisk AnalystVIC
- FTSoftware Developer - Ruby on RailsNSW
- PTService Desk OperatorSA
- FTLead Software Developer- Complex Tax & Superannuation SolutionsNSW
- CCInfrastructure ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Network EngineersACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - Scrum/Pega SystemsNSW
- CCBusiness Process Analyst - Supply ChainVIC
- CCOracle Applications Projects Functional ConsultantSA
- CCOracle Business AnalystSA
- CCFront End Developer - MelbourneVIC
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW