The Identity Theft Resource Center, which tracks data breaches, has counted 204 of them from January 1 to March 27.
data breach in pictures
Many companies have felt the effects of data theft over the last several years. It's 2014 and it doesn't look like the going is getting any easier. The technology sector seems most at risk with every week bringing the world another reported data breach. Here we look at the largest breaches in the last year.
We list the worst data breach incidents recorded by ITRC
It’s early but it has been a bad year for personal data exposure already
The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission has charged 32 defendants with fraud in an international scheme that used stolen, yet-to-be-published press releases from hacked websites to conduct stock trades.
Nine people face criminal charges in the U.S. for allegedly hacking three press release distributors and stealing yet-to-be-published announcements in a stock trading scheme that authorities say generated about US$30 million in illegal profits.
Retailer Fred's said Monday it found malware that collected payment card details on two of its servers, but it doesn't appear the data was removed from its systems.
Travel industry software maker Sabre is the latest company said to have been hit by the same hackers who recently attacked U.S. health insurer Anthem and the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM), while American Airlines has been investigating it...
A group of Israeli researchers have improved on a way to steal data from air-gapped computers, thought to be safer from attack due to their isolation from the Internet.
Police in Austin, Texas, set up sting operations with cars they have under surveillance, watching for thieves to break into them. Marcus J. Carey's Web service, HoneyDocs -- born in the same city -- uses the same concept, only with computer files.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Asus unveils Zenbo, a cute robot for the home priced at $599
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 review: The new people's champion topples Titans
- Powerful gaming PC backpacks are becoming a thing as VR craze swells
- Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1080 launches with limited stock, no custom-cooled variants
- Review: DJI’s Phantom 4 drone makes high-flying tech easier (video)
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Developer (.Net)SA
- CCOpen Source Specialist / Senior ConsultantQLD
- FTInfrastructure Specialist - Sec Ops Network & OSAsia
- CCIT Environment and Deployment SpecialistQLD
- CCNetwork Consultant - Bandwidth Assessment | 3 month contract into Defence | NV1+ACT
- CCBusiness Analyst, AdviceNSW
- CCDelivery Manager - Integration SpaceVIC
- FTManager, Applications SpecialistNSW
- CCIT Program ManagerACT
- CCIT Change CoordinatorNSW
- CCICT Fleet and Equipment Audit ResourcesSA
- CCOracle Application Administrator - July startACT
- CCSr. Net DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Programmer (HTML/JAVA/SQL) 160525/P/013Asia
- CCTechnical Service LeadNSW
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCIT Assistant (Office Automation/Windows) 160517/ITA/884Asia
- CCLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Contributions TaxNSW
- FTSenior Mobile DeveloperWA
- FTAX Lead Technical ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Technical LeadACT
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- CCEnd to End Project Manager - PMO and GovernanceVIC
- CCService Provider Manager - DesktopVIC