The number of computers in North America infected by the Backoff malware, which is blamed for a string of payment card breaches, has risen sharply, according to research from network security company Damballa.
The number of malware samples that use P-to-P (peer-to-peer) communications has increased fivefold during the past 12 months, according to researchers from security firm Damballa.
The first three months of 2013 have seen a surge in spam volume, as well as large numbers of samples of the Koobface social networking worm and master boot record (MBR) infecting malware, according to antivirus vendor McAfee.
Security researchers from Damballa have found a new variant of the Pushdo malware that's better at hiding its malicious network traffic and is more resilient to coordinated takedown efforts.
A dangerous piece of malicious code responsible for stealing money from online bank accounts is being updated with new functions after its source code was leaked earlier this year, according to security researchers.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Halo 5: Forge's multiplayer is now more accessible on PC with a new custom game browser
- Ubisoft's 30th anniversary putters across the finish line with free copies of Assassin's Creed III
- YouTube's top trending videos for 2016
- Intel may use AMD GPUs to challenge Nvidia's rising power
- Creative Live! Cam Sync HD review: Crummy video tanks this HD webcam
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPSenior Project Manager - Wealth/ AdviceNSW
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- FTJava DevelopersWA
- FTSystem Engineer - VirtulisationNSW
- FTManager - Superannuation ConsultingNSW
- TP.NET Developer (Sitecore)QLD
- CCJava API DeveloperTAS
- CCiOS Developer - 6 Month ContractNSW
- TPBI DeveloperSA
- FTChange Manager/ Project ManagerACT
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- FTTechnology Portfolio - Investment AnalystACT
- FTProject Delivery Manager | PortfolioQLD
- CCService Management Analyst (Part-Time)NSW
- CCPlatform Services EngineerNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkSA
- FTBusiness Analyst - Health Industry - Melbourne CBDVIC
- CCWeb Developer - Financial MarketsNSW
- FTPrincipal Project ManagerNSW
- CCJava API Developer - MediaVIC
- CCProject Manager (Network Roll-Out)NSW
- FTSitecore .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCProject Manager - Cabling, Network Sys Design and DeliveryNSW
- FTEnterprise ArchitectACT
- CCAutomation TesterNSW