Two former employees of Alabama's court system were indicted on Wednesday for allegedly stealing the source code for a court-records database and transferring it to a Florida-based company.
In one of the photos, the dark-haired, bearded hacker is peering into his computer's screen, perhaps puzzled at what's happening. Minutes later, he cuts his computer's connection, realizing he has been discovered.
The lack of an international agreement on cybercrime and terrorism is thwarting efforts to bring terrorists to justice, said a report released this week by the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC).
When 32-year-old Russian programmer Andrey N. Sabelnikov visited the U.S. for the first time in January, he had a surprise waiting for him.
The Dutch government wants to give law enforcement authorities the power to hack into computers, including those located in other countries, for the purpose of discovering and gathering evidence during cybercrime investigations.
As another year draws to a close, we look back on the IT-related comments that stuck with us.
In 2011, the increasingly mobile and socially networked world of technology became more intertwined than ever with politics and the law. Patent wars shaped competition in tablets and smartphones, hacktivists attacked a widening array of political and...
U.K. police arrested six people on Thursday for allegedly running a phishing scam that stole an estimated £1.6 million (US$2.6 million) from victims who had taken out student loans.
The U.S. Department of Justice is charging seven individuals with 27 counts of wire fraud and other computer-related crimes, alleging that the group hijacked four million computers across 100 countries in a sophisticated clickjacking scheme.
A 35-year-old man was arrested Wednesday on charges that he broke into the email accounts of numerous Hollywood celebrities and stole private photographs and correspondence.
Prosecutors call it the biggest identity theft bust in US history. On Friday, 111 bank tellers, retail workers, waiters and alleged criminals were charged with running a credit-card-stealing organization that stole more than $US13 million in less tha...
Lingering distrust between the U.S., Russia and China has hampered cooperation in the past on cyber security issues, but relations are taking a turn for the better, with increasing contact between experts.
Something has gone terribly wrong on the plant floor at ACME Specialty Chemical International Inc.
Microsoft has opened a front in its ongoing battle against Internet scammers, using the power of a U.S. court to deal a knockout blow to an emerging botnet and taking offline a provider of free Internet domains.
Romania has long been considered a hotbed for cybercriminal activity, but in recent years law enforcement authorities have made significant efforts to crack down on online fraud gangs that steal millions every year from victims worldwide.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - IOSNSW
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW
- FTPrincipal Business Analyst (SQL/SAS)NSW
- CCMid to Senior Level User Experience SpecialistsNSW
- CCWintel Engineer with Sharepoint 2010 / 2013NSW
- FT.NET Tech LeadVIC
- CCSolution Architect - Biomedical - South Australia locationSA
- CCSAP Test ManagerSA
- CCProgram Manager - Big Data - Telecommunications - UrgentNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst AGILENSW
- CCService Delivery Manager - Infrastructure/ApplicationsNSW
- CCWintel Support EngineerNSW
- CCHigh Level Network Engineer (Communications)WA
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW
- CCApplication Support AnalystNSW
- FTIT Technical LeadVIC
- CCSenior Product Specialist - Cisco CPENSW
- CCMid-level DevOps EngineerNSW
- CCProgram Support ManagerQLD
- FTProject Manager | Defence projects | NV1/NV2 cleared | Canberra basedACT
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | Northern BeachesNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer(Crystal Report/Oracle)160127/AP/vhsAsia
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC