A growing interest in big data, analytics, and cloud computing helped propel a weak software enterprise market last year, according to research from IDC. SAP and Oracle fared the best among the large software vendors.
Infor is hoping a new social collaboration tool, updated middleware and user interfaces, as well as options for cloud-based deployments, will help cement its place as one of the industry's largest ERP (enterprise resource planning) vendors after SAP ...
Salesforce.com is giving customers and partners access to a new set of tools and services for building mobile applications on its cloud platform.
Salesforce.com continues to build out its Chatter social networking and collaboration software, with upcoming "social intelligence" capabilities that will allow users to find information through new Topics and Expertise categories.
Microsoft has announced some key details of how it will introduce Dynamics ERP (enterprise resource planning) software products to the cloud computing model, from initial release dates to the precise role of partners.
Microsoft hoped recent updates to its Dynamics AX 2012 ERP (enterprise-resource-planning) software would help it grab enterprise-level deals that would ordinarily be won by the likes of Oracle and SAP, and to some degree the strategy appears to be cl...
Microsoft's AX ERP (enterprise resource planning) application will be receiving a set of mobile applications that mix connectivity to back-end systems and processes with a social milieu.
Microsoft is hoping to shove aside rivals such as Salesforce.com and Oracle in the CRM (customer relationship management) software market by linking its own Dynamics CRM application with new capabilities for marketing automation and social media anal...
Salesforce.com will upgrade its Chatter enterprise social networking (ESN) application for iOS and release one for the first time for Android on Tuesday, delivering in both new capabilities to integrate them with its main CRM software.
CRM (customer relationship management) software will be the top priority for additional spending on enterprise applications around the world this year and next, according to newly released data from analyst firm Gartner.
Salesforce.com CEO Marc Benioff has laid out a new strategic and thematic direction for his company, saying that its goal will now be to help clients become "customer companies," with the end result being greater success.
BI (business intelligence) vendor MicroStrategy is getting out of the contact center software business, having sold off its Angel subsidiary to Genesys for roughly US$110 million in cash. The deal is expected to close in March.
A startup called Colabo has developed a set of analytics tools that it says marketers can use to research trends, brand awareness and other subjects without the need to involve IT departments.
Salesforce.com is planning to add a series of mobile applications to its Service Cloud line of customer service software, in a response to the rampant rise of mobile devices both in the consumer and business worlds.
Salesforce.com has quietly acquired a startup called EntropySoft, a maker of content management and integration software, in a move likely meant to bolster Salesforce.com's Chatterbox service.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple offers views on automated car policy, but cagey about its plans
- Watch Dogs 2 review: A fresh, interesting rebirth that ditches the stale Ubisoft formula
- How to shoot a drone out of the sky
- Report: Microsoft's Home Hub will chase Amazon's Echo as a software service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSite Acquisition ManagerSA
- FTDatabase Administration Team LeaderQLD
- FTTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- FTJava Security SpecialistNSW
- FTSecurity ConsultantQLD
- FTMotor Claims ConsultantNSW
- FTDesktop Delivery Team LeaderQLD
- CCProject Manager - Web & Portal Delivery- Government backgroundNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- FTIT Systems AnalystVIC
- FT2 x Firewall Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- CCProject Coordinator / Specialist / Analyst - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCSenior Digital DesignerVIC
- CCTechnical AnalystACT
- CCService Desk/Helpdesk ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence Technical AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Change Manager - Financial ServicesNSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperVIC
- FTIT Systems AnalystVIC
- CCOrganisational Change Manager - Financial ServicesNSW
- TPBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- FTSolution Architect with end user (EUC) computing experienceNSW
- TPSenior Test Analyst - Data ReconciliationQLD