U.S. prosecutors do not have to provide defendants in a high-profile criminal copyright case full copies of documents it references in its extradition request, New Zealand's Supreme Court ruled Friday.
This week's emphatic denial from Dorian Satoshi Nakamoto that he had anything to do with the creation of Bitcoin also hinted at a possible lawsuit against Newsweek, though legal experts say it would be an uphill battle.
Law enforcement agencies in California are using devices that mimic cellular base stations to track mobile users, public records have revealed, triggering charges that the practice may be unconstitutional.
The CEO of a software company that was supposedly developing a service similar to Apple's iTunes has admitted to scamming more than US$2 million from investors by diverting the money into offshore accounts and spending it on personal matters.
Facebook on Wednesday announced a set of new restrictions designed to curb the illegal sale of guns and other restricted items on its site, a phenomenon that had become vexing problem for the social network.
A second federal bill that proposes "kill-switch" technology be made mandatory in smartphones as a means to reduce theft of the devices was introduced Monday.
U.S. cellphone carriers were offered a technology last year that supporters say would dramatically cut incidents of smartphone theft, but the carriers turned it down, according to sources with knowledge of the proposal.
High-tech device theft has claimed its latest victim in San Francisco -- and he's just 2 years old.
Pressure on the cellphone industry to introduce technology that could disable stolen smartphones has intensified with the introduction of proposed federal legislation that would mandate such a system.
Ross Ulbricht, the alleged creator of the Silk Road online black market, will go to trial in November and be held until then without bail, the U.S. Department of Justice said Friday.
The access code locking the iPhone 5 of an Italian murder victim is depriving police of information that might help them solve the crime, but Apple has so far resisted requests for help in unlocking the device, a Milan prosecutor confirmed Friday.
Politicians and law enforcement officials in California will introduce a bill on Friday that requires all smartphones and tablet PCs sold in the state be equipped with a digital "kill-switch" that would make the devices useless if stolen.
British intelligence agency Government Communications Headquarters (GCHQ) has reportedly infiltrated hacktivist groups and used denial-of-service and other techniques to disrupt their online activities.
Ross Ulbricht, alleged creator of the online black market Silk Road, was indicted in New York Tuesday on narcotics, money laundering and so-called "kingpin" charges, and faces up to life in prison.
Google, Facebook and Microsoft were among the technology companies to release new figures Monday showing a rising number of requests for their users' data coming from a secretive U.S. surveillance court.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business Analyst - Online/Mobile experienceNSW
- FTSystems Engineer / Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- CCSAP Primavera Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Performance Test AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Oracle DBANSW
- FTSOE EngineerQLD
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC
- CCOracle Business Analyst / TrainerSA
- CCSAP DS and BI SpecialistVIC
- FTSoftware Developer - Ruby on RailsNSW
- CCSystems AnalystQLD
- CCJava Developer - IOSNSW
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectNSW
- CCMultiple Java rolesACT
- FTProject Support OfficerWA
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Military jets, subs, bases and networksACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - AdventedgeVIC
- FTProject Manager | SharePoint, Office 365 SkillsVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- CCSolution Design EngineerACT